Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday

A/N: Guys okay I'm having a pre-camping anxiety attack I can't find my iPhone charger I CAN'T FIND IT

Oh, and I got a bikini for the first time EVER so that was a HUGE step self-esteem wise for me.

***READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, IT'S IMPORTANT***

~Grace xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                   ~April~

“Kris… Krissy! Krissy-Moo-Moo! Wake up!” I whisper-yelled, hitting my sleeping best friend on the arm.

“Mph, what?” She murmured sleepily, her hair covering her face and muffling her voice.

“Come on, get up!” I tried to keep my voice low so that I wouldn’t wake up anyone else in the Lair, especially her sleeping boyfriend beside her. It looked like one of them had curled away from the other in their sleep, so luckily Kris wouldn’t have to pry herself from Harry’s arms like she usually would’ve had to.

“Why?” Kris moaned, throwing her arm over her eyes even though the room was only just light enough to see, the sun barely beginning to wake up as well as it was 8 am.

“It’s Harry’s birthday, and we have to get ready!” I muttered, poking her cheek playfully.

Kris’ eyes shot open, staring up at me, before a smile spread across her face. I swear, Karry was one of the absolute cutest ships I’d ever seen.

Filled with a sudden burst of energy, Kris slid her covers quietly off her legs, and stood up.

I nodded my head towards the door and we crept through the sleeping teenagers and up to the kitchen before Kris turned to me.

“Do you think the others remember?” She asked, her light brown, almost hazel eyes watching me with the glint they always had.

“Probably not, but it’s not like we’ve checked a calendar recently. I doubt Harry will care if they don’t.” I brushed it off, sensing that she might be worried about it, although there was nothing in her voice or expression that would hint as much. We’d been friends for so long that often I knew what she was thinking before she realized it.

“Good. Do you have the presents?”

I’d happened to place my mass online order only a day after the boys said they would be staying, so I had time to order his presents. I’d told Kris about it, expecting that she’d want to get him a present specifically from her (I’m psychic and I anticipated Karry becoming official quickly). I didn’t tell the girls, because I was sure if I did they would spill the surprise that I had up my sleeve.

“Yeah, I already wrapped them, and they’re hidden in Heather’s closet.” I said.

“Alright, great!” Kris chirped. “But why did you wake me up this early?”

“Because we’re making breakfast burritos as a special birthday treat!” I replied, my smile wide.

“April, that’s such a good idea, you’re a genius!” Kris exclaimed, and I laughed. I was definitely NOT a genius. “But isn’t that something we should have Erin do?”

“Psh, we can handle making breakfast burritos.” Kris gave me an unsure look. “I mean, how hard can it be?”

I shouldn’t have said that.