Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up

A/N: It's been forever because this chapter was rough to write for some reason even though I've been envisioning it for such a long time. You know what I mean? You just build it up so much and then you don't want to write it? Idk bro. It's wacky.

GOOD NEWS summer is almost here which means me getting spring fever which means EXCITEMENT ABOUT WRITING WHEEEEEEE my logic is most likely flawed but I'm going along with it

MORAL OF THE DAY: It ain't ur fault if people don't realize how fab u are :*

~Grace xx

----------------------------------------- 

                  ~April~ 

“You’re really not going to tell me where we’re going, are you?”

“Nope.”

Louis smirked at me. We were all piled into the car and on the road, rain leaving little crescents of water on our windshields. The sky was gray-blue. I believed that perfect didn’t exist, but that weather was pretty damn close.

For the past two days we had been so busy with recording that we’d barely done anything, which sucked considering we were in England, where we’d wanted to visit for ages. So after an early lunch the guys said they had a surprise for us, one especially I would love. Immediately I wondered if England had a Hot Topic the size of a mall, but then decided that if there was one, I would know about it. That was pretty much my only guess as to where we could have been going.

Twenty minutes later we pulled up in front of a huge concert venue. I knew the guys were on break and realizing what that meant made me start shaking.

“Where are we?” I asked, staring with wide eyes at the huge front doors. It was too early for a show, right? They were probably just showing us what venues usually look like in the unlikely case we should ever be in one that big. Yeah. That must be it.

“You’ll see,” He grinned. I didn’t trust that grin.

Liam parked and we all jumped out. I was nervously wringing my hands. Louis took one and whispered for me to calm down as we walked across the parking lot.

We went in through a back door, which seemed strange. Only a few people passed us as we wove through a maze of black hallways, all of them with clipboards and bluetooths. They just smiled at us and moved on. Very strange . . . shouldn’t they be stopping and asking us for I.D. or something? I really had no idea how all that concert business went. After all, I’d never been to a concert before.

When we finally emerged into the large room filled with seats, I was dizzy, and my stomach was doing flips. We started walking towards the huge stage. People were scattered across it, some talking, some with instruments… the band. My eyes flitted nervously, looking for someone I recognized. Josh wasn’t around, so I assumed it couldn’t be a One Direction concert. I was about to start freaking out until I saw someone turn around and smile at us. Instead, I freaked out even more.

Olly Murs was waving at us.

No way, no fucking way, I shouted in my head as Louis dragged my frozen body toward the stage. I could feel the girls tense behind me, but it seemed like nothing comparing to the rollercoaster caught in a tornado that was flying around in my chest.

Flipping out over Ed felt less drastic, simply because he was like an utterly untouchable and amazing creature, so I easily could have been dreaming. But after realizing that these people whose music I’d been listening to for ages were actually real, there was nothing holding back the flood of emotions in my heart concealed by a thin veil of control.