Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions

A/N: My chapter names are crap but I think they're clever xD

Sorry it's been so long, this has been sitting hopelessly on my computer cause I've been too busy reading to edit whoops.

PLEASE, DO ENJOY :D

~Grace xx

--------------------

~April~

“Well that was fun,” I commented to Louis as I pulled on a shirt to sleep in. We’d spent hours in the basement working on Kris’ song idea. So long that Harry’s parents had come home from work and been concerned about where we were. They made us come out from our musical cave and eat some pizza, then we spent a couple more hours down there, only interrupted for me to call my parents before it got too late.

“Indeed it was,” He said, grinning down at the ground.

“You’re very good at songwriting,” I told him, wrapping my arms around him from behind.

“So are you,” He murmured. I stood up on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek before letting go and snuggling into bed. Louis quickly followed, turning the light off on his way.

“April?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you promise me something?”

“What is it?”

“If you ever wake up and you can’t sleep,” He said hesitantly, “will you please wake me up?”

“Why would I do that?” I asked incredulously, “One of us can’t sleep already, I wouldn’t want that to ruin your night too.”

“Please? Just do this for me?” He asked, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

“Okay. I will.”

“Good.”

Louis wiggled around so he was facing me. He held my face in his hands and kissed my forehead. In the darkness of the room I could just barely make out his silhouette.

“I’m so proud of you,” He mumbled, “you deserve to have your talents recognized.”

“Thanks,” I said, but it sounded more like a question, “what’s all this about?”

“Nothing,” Louis replied unconvincingly, “I just want to make sure you know how amazing you are and that I’ll always be here for you.”

“Always is a long time,” I whispered, almost to quiet to hear.

“But not nearly enough time to be with you.”

:~:~:

“Thank you so much for letting us stay here, Anne,” I said, hugging Harry’s mom. We’d gotten a call early in the morning to tell us that we should head for London as recording would start the next day. We stayed until lunch so Harry could have as much time possible to be with his family, but sadly, it was time to leave.

“Oh, it was a joy having you,” She assured me, “feel free to come visit anytime.”

“We will.”

Everyone finished bidding farewell to Harry’s parents and went to the car. Harold was still up at the end of the walk, in a tight embrace with them. It broke my heart watching him have to leave them. That’ll be you and your parents, a voice said in my head. I shoved the thought away and sat with a thump in the backseat of the car.

A few minutes later Harry hopped into the front seat, sniffling a bit. Kris leaned over and hugged him without a word.

We all waved to Anne and Robin as the car drove away. I had to look away before my eyes got watery, and looked towards Louis.