Chapter 40 - Homesick

A/N: Okay so it's super late here in Kansas, past midnight, but I can't sleep and I just realized how long it's been since I last updated... whoops. So here's a chapter!

This is dedicated to my new friend, @anu-the-great! She's absolutely wonderful and you should all go check her out. I'm sure you'll love her and her story as much as I do!!

I need sleep I have to participate in life tomorrow. Bye!

~Grace xx

------------------------

~April~

“I drank, like, barely anything, why do I feel like I have a hangover?!” Heather complained at breakfast. The girls all had minor headaches and were chugging coffee, while he boys and I were chuckling at them. It didn’t surprise me that the guys had a high alcohol tolerance.

“You probably just didn’t drink much water yesterday, and that plus a bit of beer made you dehydrated,” I commented, sipping my mug of tea. We’d been lazy and just made toast for breakfast. But I had a strong hate for toast and chose an English Muffin with peanut butter. That’s irrelevant.

Kris groaned and Rikki got a water bottle. I sat down on Louis’ lap since I couldn’t be bothered to find a chair and spoke up again.

“What would you guys like to do today?” I asked everyone.

“Well, we could watch some movies,” Liam suggested, “while we have some free time. Just chill.”

“Do you have any popcorn?”

“I think s-” His phone ringing cut Harry off. He pulled it from his jeans pocket and furrowed his eyebrows at the screen. “It’s Simon,” He told us, answering it.

“Hey Simon… Yeah, they’re here… Sure, I’ll put it on speaker.”

Harry clicked his phone and set it on the table.

“Hello girls,” Simon said, his voice crackling through the phone.

“Hi!” We replied.

“So I talked to my executives and they’re completely on board with signing you over to our label,” I felt my heart beat furiously in my chest, “but there is a slight issue. You see, we were thinking that if we could get an EP out in the next thirty days, it would give us enough time to get you some media coverage, and test the waters to see if we’ll be needing to schedule a small summer tour. However, I know that you don’t live in England, and you’d have to stay here to record. So, if you are willing, we can make living arrangements for your delayed return. It’s up to you.”

We stared at each other with shocked expressions. The boys were grinning ear-to-ear, but the girls and I didn’t seem to know what to do with ourselves but sit with open mouths.

“Um,” I stuttered out, realizing Simon was just hearing silence, “We’ll have to call our parents. Can we get back to you?”

“Yes, of course. But please try to hurry. It was nice speaking to you ladies again.” He hung up.

“Oh my god,” Erin whispered, looking like she was going to throw up.

“What do we dO-” Kris started to freak out.

“Sh, sh, calm down Krissy,” I said, wrapping an arm around her. It was always easier for me to stay calm myself when I was trying to keep someone else calm, “we should all call our parents before making any decisions.

Everyone nodded. How we weren’t screaming and flailing, I didn’t know, but I was glad. We needed to handle this when we were level-headed.

I shuffled upstairs to my room. Louis followed me, but sat outside by the door as I went in to call my parents.

I dialed my dad’s number, figuring he was more likely to answer. My mom always lost her phone in the craziest places.

“April!” My dad exclaimed. Hearing his voice brought an immediate smile to my face. “How are you, sweetie? Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s great,” I chuckled nervously, “is mom there?”

“Yes, why?”

“Would you put the phone on speaker?”

After some shuffling and crackling noises I heard something click and my mom’s happy voice was filling my ears. It hit me like a brick to the stomach how much I missed them. I hated being away from them.

“Lou-Lou Belle!” She said, using the nickname she had for me, even though it had nothing to do with my name. “How are you? Good?”

“Yeah. I have something I need to talk to you guys about.” They sounded nervous, but told me to go on. “So the other day I was at Simon Cowell’s, yeah that Simon Cowell’s, office, and the girls and I were singing, just goofing around. But Simon heard us, and long story short… I know how crazy this sounds, but he offered us a record deal.”

“Really?! That’s amazing! We’re so proud of you!” My mom said, elated.

“Thank you,” I replied, feeling my face get warm, “but the thing is, we’d have to stay in England a little longer to record some songs.”

“For how long?”

“I’m not really sure. They want it out before mid March, but after recording, we probably won’t have to stay here for the rest of it. So maybe two weeks? Around that?”

I could hear them mumbling. The muffled and mixed voices of my parents reminded me of when I was little. I used to wake up early on Saturday mornings and just stay in my bed, listening to them talk and laugh in the living room.

“Well, we’ve discussed it,” My mom spoke up, “and you have our permission to stay in England a little longer,” I was about to shout my thanks, but she went on, “however, we have conditions.”

“Of course,” I replied eagerly.

“You still have to call us at least once a day, and text frequently. We’d like to speak to someone, an adult that will be around you, so we know you’ll be kept in good hands. Also, you have to promise that you’ll stay safe, and make sure to not get yourself into any trouble.”

“Definitely. Um, would a body guard of the boys’ work? I don’t think any of their parents live near where the studios are.”

“Yes, that’s fine.”

“Great. I’ll get a hold of one of them and have them call you.”

“Wonderful. We truly are proud of you, sweetie. Don’t forget it.”

“I won’t,” I wiped away tears at the edge of my eyes and kept my voice from cracking.

“Alright, well we’ll let you go now. You must have things to do.”

“Okay. I’ll call you guys tonight. Goodbye. I love you.”

“We love more,” My mom said. I hung up.

I sniffled and pawed at my eyes, breathing deeply to keep control of myself. I knew that if I started crying, I wouldn’t stop. I just missed my parents so much.

“Hey,” Louis said softly, sticking his head in the room, “oh, April, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said, standing up and putting on a brave face, “I just miss my parents.”

“I know how you feel,” He said, putting his arms lightly around my waist and looking me in the eyes,” but trust me. They’re always with you, in your heart. Just think about how great it will be to see them in person.”

“I will,” I said.

“So, did they say yes?”

“Yeah. They did.”

“That’s amazing!”  Louis shouted, squeezing me in a hug and kissing me on the lips. “Let’s go tell the others!”

“Okay,” I laughed, letting him pull me downstairs.