Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds

A/N: HELLO FRIENDS I've been writing this forever ack I'm so bad at interviews EHHHHHH anyway.

I'M SO BUSY THIS SUMMER LIKE I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD ANY TIME TO THINK ABOUT WRITING BC I'M LEARNING TO PLAY THE UKULELE (which is fab) AND DOING WORK FOR A SPECIAL ENGLISH CLASS NEXT YEAR AND REPLACING CARPET IN MY ROOM AND WOW SUCH BUSY MUCH WORK.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Do any of you watch the show Chuck? Bc OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH I'm in the 3rd season on Netflix IT'S JUST SO GOOOOD!

Bye buddies :) Have a fabulous day!

~Grace xx

-----------------------------

            ~April~

“PIZZA HAS ARRIVED!” I shouted, walking onto the soccer field.

The girls and I burst out laughing as the teenage boys’ heads swiveled to look at us within .000000000046 seconds of hearing the word “pizza.”

I noticed four extra figures standing among Louis, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Liam. That explained why they had us order two more pizzas than usual. But hey, they’re teenage boys with crazy fast-working metabolisms, so who knows?

Louis jogged over in front of the other guys and kissed me on the cheek. He was covered in sweat so I playfully pushed him away and stuck my tongue out at him as I walked away with the pizza.

“Who are your friends?” Erin asked, her arm around Liam. The four guys were walking towards us and it took me a minute, but I recognized them.

“OH!” I shouted in surprise. “I KNOW YOU GUYS!”

“You know everybody!” Kris joked.

“Okay, if you know who they are, then introduce them,” Rikki said.

I pointed around at them as I said their names, “The cute one is Michael, the other cute one is Ashton, the third cute one is Luke, and the cutest one is Calum.”

Calum beamed and Luke smiled at me. “You’ve heard of us?”

“Of course! Ya’ll are the bomb! I heard 5 Seconds of Summer would be touring with One Direction somewhere but I thought it was a rumor ‘cause that would just be too good to be true.”

“April they’re Australian why didn’t you tell me about them,” Erin whispered. I cracked up as their faces turned bright red.

“PIZZA TIME!” I yelled to break the tension.

Heather laid out two huge blankets we’d brought over the grass and got a bunch of plates. Erin and I opened the six boxes of pizza, bringing on a rush of teenagers.

“So, tell us about yourselves,” Luke invited when we were all situated. I was beside Louis, who kept a hand on my knee the entire time.

“I’m so sick of trying to explain who we are to people,” I said, “I feel like we’ve been asked that like twenty times in the past week.”

“Why does it bother you?” Michael asked.

“I mean, why don’t people just gradually get to know you anymore? Why is it that you always have to list off personality traits and expect that the person will immediately understand you? What ever happened to just getting to know a person?”

“That’s an interesting thought,” Calum said, “I never really considered it.”

I shrugged. “Eh. I don’t know. It’s just a silly idea.”