Prologue

A/N: SO HERE'S MAI NEW STORY I HOPE YOU LIKE IT :3

~Grace xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

                                                                              ~April~

"Whew," Kris, my best, and closest, friend of 5 years said, pretending to wipe sweat off her forehead, "That was some game!"

"We totally beat you guys into the ground!" I said, knuckle bumping the most recent edition to our little friend group, Heather, as she had only been with us for 3 years. She certainly played a mean game of ping pong; The reason I always picked her to be on my team.

"Ya know," Rikki said, "Maybe if Erin would hit the ball with the paddle instead of her head, she could actually win!" We loved making fun of Erin, my friend of 4 years; With good intentions, of course. She knew we were kidding, and laughed along with us.

"It's not my fault I suck at this! Tell me to bake a cake, I can do that. Tell me to cook a crembrule, I can do that. However, I lack skills in ping pong! Sue me!" She replied to Rikki, who I met only a few months after Kris.

"Hey," Rikki spoke to her again, "At least you're good enough to actually play! I'm so horrible, have to act as DJ!"

One of the first times we ever played, Rik was so dangerous with that paddle, that I made her decide what songs we listen to while playing, instead of actually doing anything. But she was cool with it; Gave her a chance to explore the vast collection of music I had on my phone. She was basically my child. Not Rikki, I'm talking about my phone. I named her Scarlett.

We all slumped onto the L-shaped couch, laying with legs and arms tangled with each others. All of us were too lazy to sit like normal people.

"Rheeeee," I whined, putting into use the nickname that only I used for Rikki, "Will you pretty please get me a drink?"

"Why should I?" She asked playfully, even though we both knew that she would, eventually.

"Because I'm your favorite person ever!" I answered with a phrase that I used quite often.

"Ugh, fine." Rhee gave in, getting up to grab me a drink from the kitchen upstairs. Oh, how I love my friends.

She returned quickly, a tangerine colored can in her grasp.

"Just for the record though, you are not my favorite." She teased., handing me the can after popping the silver tab. I hated doing that, so I always made my friends do it.

"Oh please, you know you love me!" I chuckled, taking a sip of the sugary orange soda.

"Sadly, I do." Rikki replied with a smile that reached her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Back off, woman! She's mine!" Kris suddenly launched herself at me, wrapping her tan arms around my torso protectively. She is certainly an odd one; But I love her nonetheless.

"Hey, hey, there's enough of me for everyone!" I laughed loudly, trying not to spill my drink as the four girls starting grabbing at me, giggling furiously.

This wasn't an uncommon thing to happen at the many slumber parties I had shared with my four best friends. But what can I say, everyone loves me! Eh, I kid, I kid, I don't even know why these crazy girls even hang out with me. I'm pretty much clinically insane.

Interrupting what had turned into a game of Let's-See-Who-Can-Claim-More-Of-April's-Body-First, the doorbell of Heather's house rang out, causing us all to freeze in our spots.

"Who is that?" Erin asked, her voice timid, afraid of who could be at the door.

"I don't know," Heather said, her eyes wide with fear.

"Ya bunch of wimps," I scoffed playfully, pushing them off my lap and onto the floor with a loud thump, setting my drink on the wooden dresser full of blankets that sat against the wall opposite to the couch, and right next to the doorway that was two feet away from the front door, "I'll answer it."

"Tell me who it is, and if I should get a weapon!" Kris called after me, after walked across the cream carpet, clad in snowman pajama pants and a random t shirt, to the door.

"Will do!" I replied, chuckling at her silliness.

Deciding that the chances of this unknown person that had randomly showed up at Erin's door being a serial killer were low, I reached for the doorknob without hesitation.

I could already feel the cold winter air tickling my skin, even with the door only opened a crack. But, ignoring the goosebumps popping up on my arms, I pulled it open wide enough to see who was standing on the doormat, flurries of snow attacking their tall figures.

"Hey, we're sorry to bother you, but we ran out of gas and need a bit of help," The brown haired boy said, his tone worrisome.

"Holy Mother of God." I said ,barely above a whisper, my eyes turning the size of saucers, staring in disbelief at the five boys standing in front of me.

"Are you okay?" The black haired one asked, concern in his large, chocolate colored eyes.

It sunk in, who was standing before me, in need of my assistance. However, there was only one thing I could say in response.

"SWEET BABY JESUS HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S THEM"