Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)

A/N: OKAY SO IMPORTANT STUFF:

The next couple of chapters will be very short. This is intentional, as to only include one song per chapter. However, I have released them all at the same time so you'll get multiple tiny updates instead of a big, long, confusing one :) 

DEDICATED TO @springfalls because she is very sweet and I really appreciate that she took the time to inbox me :) I love when you guys do that, so I can talk to all you awesome people :P ALSO, She's writing a fanfic that YOU SHOULD ALL GO READ YAY HAPPY FANFIC FUN TIMES :D

Now please enjoy, THE KARAOKE APOCOLYPSE OF 2014 (technically 2013 in the book)

~Grace xx

--------------------------------------------------

~April~

The drive was stressful. It took about forty minutes, since the nearest big city was a while away. Apparently Harry and Ed had found the karaoke bar one night wandering around the town for fun, and discovered it was a great spot since the kind of people who went there were their age, but didn’t seem to know who they were. I spent the entire ride rubbing the hem of my shirt nervously between my fingers until Louis had grabbed my hand to calm me down.

This would be my first time meeting a celebrity, other than the boys of course. I kept reminding myself that that had worked out wonderfully, but it didn’t stop the flopping my stomach was doing. It was a detached kind of nervous, because I knew that Ed really was just a normal guy who happened to also have the voice of an angel, and meeting him shouldn’t be such a big deal. But it was just stressful, and I feared that I would say the wrong thing or just outright flip out and scare him.

When we pulled up in the big van and got out, my legs seemed to be working without my brain telling them to. We were standing on a stretch of sidewalk in a downtown area, that looked like downtown Lawrence, but with a lot more happening. Seeing as it was a Monday night there weren’t tons of people milling around, but enough to look busy.

I didn’t catch a glimpse of the name of the place we walked into, but I immediately liked it. There was a small stage with a bit of a catwalk jutting out in front of it, with a girl standing with a microphone and singing a Three Days Grace song. Tables filled the floor and they were mostly full, except a couple large ones right in front of the stage. There was a DJ booth, with a small bar beside it. This place was obviously more about singing than drinking, though.

“Hey mate!” I heard Harry say amongst the clapping for the girl who had finished her song. My eyes snapped over to see him hugging a figure with a head of bright orange hair.

Oh god.

I got that cold sweaty feeling and Louis tugged me to his side in an effort to calm me down.

“It’s great to see you, lad!” Ed said cheerfully. “Happy birthday!”

“Thanks, Ed,” Harry replied.

“Who are these lovely girls?” Ed asked politely, looking at us. He obviously knew the boys and exchanged kind looks with them.

“Well, this is my girlfriend, Kris,” He said, and Kris shook Ed’s hand, “and her friend Erin, who’s dating Liam,” Oh god, “Rikki, who’s dating Zayn,” He’s getting closer to me, “Heather, who’s dating Niall,” Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod, “and April, who’s dating Louis,” SWEET JESUS ED SHEERAN IS LOOKING AT ME OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO.

“Uh, hi,” I said nervously, reaching out my hand feebly to shake his, as all the other girls had.

“Is something wrong, love?” He asked me, concerned.