56

"Alright TaeBae, as much as I'm sure Eric wants to finish this sock debate, I'm getting sleepy and we have some business to discuss," Luna says in an amused tone.

Tae's face immediately falls into a pout, making her hold back a laugh.

"Okay, well we definitely need to finish this discussion some other time. Socks are serious business," he says, making them laugh.

"Definitely, we must put an end to this sooner or later," Eric agrees, bumping fists with him before following Luna to her studio where they could talk privately.

"Sit wherever, make yourself comfortable," Luna says, plopping down in the corner of the small sectional and grabbing a pillow to hold on her lap while she placed her feet underneath her.

He sat at the end of the sectional, a few cushions away and grabbed a pillow as well.

"So I think we should start with your questions. Otherwise, I'll just sit here and ramble," Luna says, making him chuckle.

"Okay, let me check my notes. I typed some out," he says and Luna gestures for him to do so, waiting patiently.

"Okay, first question would be, can I keep my manager or would I be provided one by Bighit...or Sony? I know your record label is under both companies and I'm not sure how that works, so that's two questions in one," he says.

"It's completely up to you whether you want to keep your manager or not. I know he's your brother, Eddie right? And I know that he's a busy man, so if you want to take some responsibility off him, we could get him a co-manager if you'd like. Either option is fine with me. Bighit does all the legwork like hiring all staff, promo, and merch while Sony just distributes the music so it reaches all the popular radio stations and it's available on all streaming platforms," she answers.

"Ah okay, understood. Next question is...how much of my music would you own?" He asks.

"You mean like your catalog?" She asks and he nods.

"None of it. You'd get to continue to own your own catalog and you'd get full creative control—within reason of course," she says, holding back a laugh at his facial expression.

"Excuse me, what? You're telling me, if I were to leave your label, I'd own all my songs," he says and she nods.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Look, I know it sounds like it's too good to be true, but there's a reason I can do this. I own 40% of my label and the other 60 is shared between SMA and Bighit in exchange for me having full ownership of my own catalog as well as full creative control, not to mention they front everything label related— no questions asked.. That's why I can extend the same courtesy to my artists. Our catalogs are our livelihoods you know. I just think it's incredibly greedy to own someone else's hard work. I don't like limiting artists creatively either because your music should be true to you, not some trend. It's okay to follow trends sometimes, but your whole career shouldn't be based off that. I want you to make the kind of music you want; and as long as your lyrics aren't condoning something terrible like racism for example, then I'd fully support whatever you want to put out," she explains passionately.

"I agree with what you're saying wholeheartedly, but how would you benefit at all? Ticket sales?" he asks.

"I'd take a percentage of anything that accumulates income. Album sales, ticket sales, merch sales. In terms of how much, I'm not sure yet. We'd have to set up a meeting with the accounting department at Bighit. While we're talking about pay, that's subjective as well. Since everything is fronted, the amount you make is determined by the resources you use. For example, if you want a team of producers and songwriters, they'd have to be paid. Basically, the smaller your team, the less income you have to split. I'm telling you this as a fellow artist, not as a future boss—your best bet is to bring as many members of your team as you can and pay them from your cut or advance. Whoever Bighit hires for you is getting paid off the top, which comes out of your income and mine. I'm not saying not to take advantage of Bighit's resources, but I would do so modestly to keep more money in my pockets," she says.

The last thing she wants to ever do is take advantage of him. She wants him to know his options and make an informed decision. She's not in this for the sole purpose of making money. She wants to give him access to the resources and funds he need to upgrade into the artist she knows he can be. Eric has a fanbase, but it could be so much bigger if he were to be marketed properly.

"With that being said—a rough estimate of what I would love to do for you is a trial of sorts—a million dollar deal with a $350,000 advance for one 10+ track album. You'd have one year to finish the album, do promo and all that, and we'll split the revenue 60/40 after Bighit and Sony take their cut–you 60, me 40. That way we'd both get a feel for this without any long term commitment," she says.

"We'll when you put it that way, where do I sign?" he asks, making her laugh.

"Unfortunately, I don't have anything drawn up for you to sign yet. I'll get in touch with my lawyers and have them get on it as soon as possible. We'll be flying back to Korea in two days and we'll be there for a week before we have to come back here for the boys' tour. We could do the signing here or there, your choice," she says.

"I'm actually going to Korea tomorrow. I have a few festivals to perform and I'll be there for about two weeks, so we could do it there. I'll be available during the days, since I'll be performing most nights," he says and she nods.

"Okay then, do you prefer call or text?" she asks.

She hates calling people and catching them at a bad time or off guard, especially when it's something she could've texted.

"Either is fine. If I'm needed the same day though, I'd prefer a call. Texts probably won't wake me up," he chuckles.

"Got it, I'll shoot you a text when the contract is done so we can set up a time for you to come by the company and sign them," Luna smiles, unfolding her legs and standing up so they could shake hands.

"Sounds great! Thank you so much again for offering me this opportunity. I'll go so you can sleep," he says after shaking her hand.

"I'll walk you out," she says, walking him back through the living room so he could say his goodbyes to the boys.

She was bombarded with questions as soon as the door closed.

"I didn't tell you guys because it was just an offer I made on a whim. I had no idea whether he'd consider it or not," she says, answering Hobi's question first.

"He'd have been crazy not to. Hell, if I wasn't signed already, your record label would be the one I'd go for," JK says, making her giggle.

"So did he take it? Tae asks and she nods.

"Yeah, we decided on a 1 year contract, like a trial with no long term commitment—1 million, 60/40 with a $350,000 advance for one album 10 or more tracks," she says and Jimin whistles.

"No wonder he said yes. That's unbeatable. I'd think it was too good to be true," he quips.

"Oh he did. As much as I'd love to continue to discuss this more, I'm about to fall asleep on my feet," she says, finally letting out the yawn she'd held for the past 5 minutes.

"I'm about to turn in, wanna sleep with me kitten?" Yoongi asks, rubbing his eyes, tuckered out as well.

"Any other time I'd say yes Oppa, but you and I both know we'd be doing anything but sleeping if I go with you," she smirks, raising her brows and shooting him a wink as she passed by him on the way to Jin's arms where she yawns again.

"Carry me?" she asks, making him chuckle.

"I think we spoiled you too much," he says as he sweeps her up into his arms bridal style.

"No argument here," she smiles, calling out Goodnight to the rest of her soulmates as Jin ascends the stairs with her.

She's asleep as soon as they get comfortable in bed, her head resting on his chest and her body encased in his arms.

A/N: Sorry if any of the terminology is wrong or unclear. I wrote it how I understood it through research. This is a filler chapter, but prepare yourselves because things are about to speed up 💜