41

Two Days Later

In the early morning hours, Luna sits in her studio putting the finishing touches on her part in Sway With Me. Her phone rings and she answers it once she sees Lola's name flash across the screen.

"What's up Lo? What you doing up so early?" she asks, sitting back in her chair.

"Girl this unknown number kept calling me so I finally answer it and it's Roberto Cavalli's personal assistant. The CFDA Fashion Awards are tonight and after learning you were in town, Cavalli has a dress that he says he can only envision you wearing. He knows it's last minute and the dress is a little risqué, so he's offering $300,000 for you to wear it tonight at the awards tonight plus another $100,000 if he dresses whoever you bring with you. Unfortunately, he only has 2 tickets to spare since it's so last minute. I just figured it would be good promo for the drop tonight," she says.

Luna pouts, throwing her head back and closing her eyes. She was supposed to be relaxing today. She'd shot the video for Green Light Go yesterday, which turned into an all day affair, as expected. However, the bag was calling her name. That much just to wear a dress? Plus money for her date. Sold.

"Lu, you still with me?" Lola asks and she nods even though she couldn't see her.

"Yeah, just thinking. When you say risqué, did they describe it? Must be dental floss if he's paying double the standard," she says, making Lola laugh.

"Hold on, I'm checking my email for the sketch they sent now. I'm about to FaceTime you," she says.

Luna answers, snickering at Lola's bonnet hanging off her head.

"You need one of them bonnets that tie up in the back. That one's not protecting anything," she giggles.

"Don't be laughing at my trusty bonnet," she gripes, sliding it back in place.

"Do you boo," Luna smirks, holding her hands up in surrender.

"Ooh this is spicy. It's showing a lot of skin, but it's still tasteful," she says, flipping the camera so Luna could see her screen.

The dress was basically straps of red fabric crossed across her chest and abdomen and the bottom had a very high thigh slit, lots of skin indeed. She'd never shied away from that though. Her willingness to push the envelope was one of the reasons why she was so sought after as a model.

"It's not too bad, but the boys are going to lose their minds," she says.

"Girl everyone's going to lose their minds. If this dress doesn't scream promo, I don't know what does. If you do this, people will talk about it for ages, especially if you pop out with a daddy on your arm," Lola gushes, making her chuckle.

"If we do this, both of us would need to be fitted of course. When would they want to do that? And is my hair supposed to be short like in the picture?" she asks.

"Mr. Cavalli's assistant says he's free all morning. The earlier the better so he can finish the alterations and have the dress and suit delivered to your house. As for the hair, he does insist that it be short. I know you just got those extensions, but I think they lay flat enough to put underneath a wig. Your team's on standby so I can have them handle that. Mr. Cavalli's providing shoes as well so no need to worry about that."

"Okay, let me figure out who's going with he and I'll text you back with the details. I need a few hours though. I haven't slept since I got up for the shoot yesterday," Luna says.