🔥28🔥

Luna sat at the kitchen island with her checkbook, a tablet, and mailing supplies. It was slowly approaching evening time and she had dinner in the slow cooker, the savory aroma wafting through the kitchen.

She and Jin were home alone and he was upstairs napping, claiming to be mentally exhausted after recording Moon. Luna shook her head at the thought as she signed her name on a $26,000 check and made it out to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Her birthday was coming up and every year she would choose a charity to donate to and promote. She was turning 26 so that was the reason behind the $26,000. Last year she'd donated $25,000 to the Children's Miracle Network.

Sure, she donated to charities regularly anyways, but she liked to use her platform to highlight and bring awareness to different ones. Her birthday was just another day and all the money her fans would offer to cash app to her or support her in some way could go to people who really needed it instead.

The front door opens and she looks up to see Tae and Jimin playing around while removing their shoes at the door.

"Honey, I'm home," Jimin shouts, making her giggle.

"I can see that," she says, leaning into his side hug as he kissed her temple.

"It smells amazing in here," Tae says, squeezing her shoulder and kissing the opposite cheek.

"Thanks, it's Galbi(short ribs)," she says, pointing over at the two slow cookers full of meat.

"Ooh, what's the occasion?" Tae asks, making her laugh.

Short ribs were considered quite expensive for people on a normal budget, but they had the privilege of eating them whenever they wanted—something the boys still couldn't wrap their heads around sometimes. It was endearing how humble and down to Earth they are. If you didn't know them in this setting, you'd never guess they were millionaires.

"I suppose Jin's lazy butt finishing his solo today. His request," she says, making them laugh.

"Finally! Me next right?" Jimin exclaims.

"Yes, you're the last one actually," she says, closing her checkbook and jotting down the donation in her tablet she used to keep up with personal finances.

She had an accountant, but liked to keep up with her own spending as well, especially when it came to sending checks. There were also enough horror stories if accountants taking advantage of their clients that she was rightfully cautious with her coins.

"What's that Princess?" Tae asks as she slips the check into an envelope.

"My yearly birthday charity donation. I chose the Breast Cancer Research Foundation this year," she says, sealing the envelope and writing out the address before putting the appropriate amount of stamps on it.

She wrote her real name, Kitana Song, but didn't include a return address for obvious reasons. Now, all she had to to was give it to her mother so she could mail it off for her.

"That's such a nice thing to do. We should start doing that to celebrate our birthdays. So many fans spend so much money on billboards and ads, stuff like that—which is nice, but I'd feel better if it was for a good cause," Jimin says and Tae agrees.

"I recommend it. I know you guys donate too and I know you keep it low key because it can come off like you're not genuine in your intentions when you announce it. I don't either for that same reason, but I really want to spread awareness at the same time. That's how I came up with this idea. It gives me the opportunity to use my platform to do that without listing every single donation I've made," she explains.

"That's really smart of you, our little philanthropist," Jimin praises, making her giggle.

Her response was cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. They look at each other in surprise, not expecting any company.