19

Luna giggles, leaning over to show Bang PD how the group chat was blowing up with notifications.

"I'm about to leave them all on read," she snickers evilly, placing her phone face down on the table.

"Good for them," he chuckles, holding his beer up for a toast.

Luna touched her glass to his and took another sip of the crisp apple flavored beer.

"They're going to try to roast you but I got you," she vows, making him laugh.

Another Luther Vandross song, "I'd Rather" started playing, making Luna sigh happily—the song holding good memories for her.

"This man's voice is timeless," Bang PD says, swaying along with the music.

"Definitely! He's one of my grandparents' favorite artists so I grew up on his music and he was so sweet in person. May he Rest In Peace," she replies, making his eyes widen.

"You met him?!" he asks, his eyes widening comically.

"Yes, I have a song with him. I covered this song years back and he saw it and loved it. I met him at an award show and we decided to collab. We did a cover of "The Closer I Get To You." she says, grabbing her phone so she could show him.

"Woahhhh," he sputters, looking at her phone with an astonished expression.

"I know right?! I was so nervous, but he was very sweet and encouraging through the whole process. There's no better feeling than being recognized and respected as an artist by one of your idols," she gushes, reminiscing the experience.

"You were so young. Wow, I'm so happy you got to have this experience," he says, listening to the song.

"I was around 19 I believe. It was literally like a dream. My mom, my grandmother, and I literally cried together in our kitchen the night I got back from recording this. The group I was in had just disbanded and this just basically fell into my lap afterwards. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to continue music but it was this record that confirmed it all for me. If the Luther Vandross believed in me and my talent, there was no way I could quit," she chuckles, her eyes watering slightly as the emotions she felt came flooding back.

"Even if he didn't, I'm glad you kept going. From what I've seen and heard, you've always been incredibly talented as well as having a deep passion for this so I would've hated for you to leave music and live your life unfulfilled; because this is definitely your calling," Bang PD replies, giving her a soft smile.

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you. Enough about me though. What about you? What is Bang PD-nim up to nowadays?" Luna asks.

"Me? Oh I suppose I've had my hands tied lately with preparing for the company to go public," he shrugs.

"That's right. Bighit is still private. Forgive me if I'm overstepping, but you don't seem all that enthused," she observes.

"Ah, it's not that I'm unhappy about going public. It means more funding, more exposure, more opportunities, and most importantly—more freedom for the boys. However, the process is a bit overwhelming sometimes. There are tons of offers and options to choose from, but we have to ensure that we're doing what's going to benefit the majority in the long run. It's a lot of pressure, but I'll be happy once everything is done because then I'll get to put more of my time into music—the thing that got me here. I don't get to indulge as much these days," he explains.

"That's understandable. Considering your past choices, I'd say you've got this. It was genius to make Columbia Records one of your distributors for the boys. Sony is huge and it'll be even easier for them to get global radio play this way," she says, complimenting him on the deal they'd recently signed.