Chillin

Texas was chillin' in his room, playin video games, havin a good ole time, especially after the sh*t show yesterday was. PJ texted him a bit, but Texas decided not to  respond yet, wanting to break things off in person. Suddenly, there was a knock on his door.

"Come in," Texas said. Mexico entered, carrying a fast food bag, and also MJ. Texas smiled.

"Awwwww thank youuuuu," Texas exclaimed. Mexico put Texas's food down on his table, handed Texas his sleepy brother, and sat down on his bed.

"How're you feeling mijo?" Mexico asked. Texas sighed.

"I'm alright... just a bit tired still," Texas said, while he let MJ try to fight his arm, which Texas was holding up like a punching bag for him.

"I talked to Ms. Philipa-,"

"Papá... I don't want PJ to hate me for making his mom scold him...," Texas said.

"He didn't hate you the first time it happened," Mexico said.

"We were five... our only hatred was really directed towards vegetables," Texas said. Mexico chuckled.

"Well, if he gets mad, it's ok to blame me," Mexico said.

"DONT BLAME MY PAPÁ ILL KILL YOUR BUTT!!!" MJ shouted, angry that he couldn't break Texas's arm. Texas picked up his little brother and hugged him while making noises to let MJ pretend they were tussling. MJ laughed and punched Texas, hoping that some punches maybe hurt a little.

"Anyway, I heard the international festival at your school is coming up," Mexico said.

"Tex-Mex," Texas said. Mexico chuckled.

"I don't know if they'll let you...,"

"But who else will carry on his culture if I don't?" Texas said. Mexico sighed.

I didn't explain this before, because I forgot. And then I added more kids, so I thought it'd be awkward. However, unforeseen things happen, and sometimes even immortals can die (in this world at least idk about others don't @ me)

Anyway, Texas isn't the original Texas.

Back when Texas was still a kiddo, he asked his parents why he was named after a state. He knew a couple of other states, however none of them seemed to be related to his parents. That's when they gently told him that him and his siblings were all named after states who had passed (other than MJ, who New Mexico said he was cool sharing a name with).

They tried not to make it too clear to him before, because they were nervous about how he'd react. However, Texas was actually very content knowing the truth about his name, and why the states he had met did seem slightly somber when he'd walk in the room. He made it a mission to learn all about the original Texas- or Tejas, as he calls him to avoid confusion- and his culture. California also learned more about Cal-Mex culture, and developed a low-key passion for fish tacos and other Chicano-style seafood. The kiddos were a bit too young to even care what death means, but MJ and New Mexico were bros and hung out a bunch.

Anyway, why didn't I tell you that before? Because I forgot ok, like seriously I am a forgetful lil boy and that's ok, we're ok.

Anyway but yeah, Texas was bummed that he might not be able to represent Tejas's culture.

But meh, he'll find a way

Anyway, later that day, the kiddos ran into Texas's room while he was napping, and jumped on his bed.

"whhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttt?????" Texas groaned.

"Your friends are here!! Dad asked us to ask you if you wanna see them!!!" MJ exclaimed, shaking Texas's collar.