Summer Timmmmmeeee

SUMMER TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMME

and Texas is about to go into high school

God help him

"So Tex, do you want to throw a summer beach party? Or you and your friends can hang out here and play in the lake!" America exclaimed. Texas chuckled.

"Ill see if they're not busy... are Cali or the babies gonna have friends over?" Texas asked.

"The kiddos are gonna go bowling, and if you invite Holly and Bruno Cali can hang out with Nate and Tina," America said. Texas blew out a breath.

"Nathan...," Texas sneered. America laughed, rolling his eyes.

"I could say the same about you and Tito. PR told me he spent the night here a couple of times while me and Mexico were out! And don't think I've forgotten about your guy's hangout-attic!" America exclaimed jokingly.

"Oh c'mon! It's not like that! You've never had a sleepover before?" Texas asked. America shrugged.

"I guess I didn't, unless you count when me and Mex were still dating... buuuuuut I'm thinking you wouldn't," America said. Texas rolled his eyes. "Seriously though.... Do you like him?" America asked.

"I... I dunno! I just... I can't tell! How did you and papá figure out your feelings?" Texas asked. America smiled.

"I'd tell you, but I'm sure you'd be cross to hear it," America said.

"What, don't tell me it was some sorta one night stand thing-,"

"Oh Tex, not that! I meant that me and Mexico were a lot like you and Tito when we first met... we were very young then, and though our grandfathers were enemies and him and I held different statuses, we would sneak off at night to hang out. Back then, we didn't call it love, but it was very much so....," America said.

"So... when did you call it love?" Texas asked. America sighed.

"Well... I'll spare you the details, but once I was a bit older I started a new path in life and... due to my poor judgment, I very much hurt Mexico... it took a while, but your Auntie Canada started to bring us back together. We eventually reconciled, and once we were close again... we realized what has always been there... I guess sometimes even though the love is there, it takes a while to realize just how much someone means to you," America said. Texas hesitated.

"W-well... how will I know?" Texas asked.

"You're 14 Texas, it's ok to not know things for certain. Just keep Tito in your life, I can tell you two have a very special bond- romantic or not, it's just as precious," America said. Texas smiled and nodded.

A few days later, Texas was hanging out at the lake with Holly, Nekomi, Tito, Sven, and BRUNO!

"Brunooooo!!! You need to give us all of the tips on how to survive high school!" Tito exclaimed. Bruno laughed.

"As long as you show up and do work, you're solid!" Bruno exclaimed.

"What electives are you guys taking?" Nekomi asked.

"I'm doing ceramics and choir," Holly said.

"Film and Photography. I'm also taking Agriculture as my science course," Tito said.

"Art and baseball," Nekomi said.

"ASB and photography," Sven said.

"And I still have no clue," Texas said.

"You should join the drama class! It's really fun, and you get to be on stage more!" Bruno exclaimed. Texas shrugged.

"I dunno... I guess I'll decide when it gets closer to the school year...," Texas said.

"You're taking Agricultural though, right?" Tito asked. Texas smiled and nodded.

"Of course!" Texas exclaimed.

"I think there's an Auto class. You like cars, right?" Holly asked.

"Not with a passion, but it might be cool to learn about them... at the very least so I won't be upsold at repair shops," Texas said.

"Kids! I made tacos!" They heard Mexico exclaim. They immediately ran to go get their noms.

After eating, Texas and his friends were just chillin and talking, sitting in the third floor balcony hot tub.

"So, Tito... I've seen Francesco hangin around some girl lately...," Texas teased. Tito laughed.

"Her name is Geraldine, but we call her Didi. She's the girl we met at the boardwalk," Tito said.

"Are they dating?" Texas asked. Tito nodded, grinning.

"They are, it's very sweet to see... and apparently her father and ours are good friends! Didi is also going to school to become a nurse, which I think is pretty cool! I'm kinda considering that as a career honestly," Tito said.

"I'm gonna be the greatest, most versatile athlete around!" Nekomi exclaimed.

"I think I might get into architecture, it's a very elegant, yet technical art form! That, or open a bakery," Holly said.

"I'd like to be a famous actor, someday, or a model," Bruno said.

"I want some kind of leadership position, I think I'm well suited to keep things runnin around here!" Sven said.

"What about you, Tex?" Nekomi asked.

"...um.... Probably try to be the sheriff," Texas said.

"That's been your goal since you were six!" Nekomi exclaimed. Texas smiled and shrugged.

"Im a consistent person, I have simple desires," Texas said.

"I think it's a great path for you, I'm sure you'd be the best sheriff," Tito said. Texas smiled at Tito.

"Thanks, I think so too!"