Whiskey

Texas was on a call with California, as she was getting ready for a show that was taking place on Texas's school's campus. Texas didn't tell her that he and his roommates were going to be cheering her on in the audience, and was excited to see if she would recognize him. He knew her stage presence was 'Chasity Foxx', but he didn't mind. He was just excited to see her onstage.

C: so, how's college?

T: It's goin well! I'm glad I got a chill schedule too. Plus, at the campus store I work at, I'm the only employee who doesn't show up drunk or stoned half the time! So I'm my managers favorite!

C: that's good

T: you doin ok?

C: tired

T: I see, well, have fun performing tonight! We need to hang out soon, I miss you!!

C: yeah... I miss you too...

"Chasity! You're on in five minutes!" Hollywood exclaimed. California sighed.

C: I gotta go...

Hollywood ushered California to her position, adjusting her wig.

"Smile. These people didn't pay to watch you frown," Hollywood said. California forced a smile, holding back tears. Not only did the glitter all over her face sting her eyes, but she could barely take being there anymore. She remembered a time so long ago, she performed the song she wrote with her dad for a charity event. Now she was here, at a gigantic stage, about to sing a song she hated, taking peoples hard-earned money, and knowing there were so many people way more deserving of the money she was bringing in.

When the spotlights fell on her, the crowd cheered. She saw none of their faces. She knew it was impossible for her to know just how many people loved her. She knew she'd never meet half of them.

She looked over at Hollywood, who was furiously motioning for her to sing

Texas was in the standing room audience, and realized his sister wasn't ok. He started pushing towards the front.

Meanwhile, Californias knees buckled, and she fell to the floor, sobbing.

"Goddammit, what's wrong with her?!?" Hollywood hissed from backstage. The audience was worried and confused...

And Texas was taking full advantage of the cadet badge he was allotted to wear at faculty-hosted events.

Texas pushed his way onstage, shoving his badge in the face of people who tried to stop him, and picked California up.

"I-I wanna go home...," she sobbed.

"I know, it's ok... we're going home," Texas said, carrying her backstage. Hollywood tried to talk to them, but before Texas could even comprehend a word out of her mouth, he gave her the coldest stare he could. "F*ck. Off,"

"Are you sure you want to quit music?" Mexico asked, as California packed her things to stay with her grandparents until the news inevitably got bored of her.

"I'm never quitting music, I'm quitting the connerie... pardon my French," California said. Mexico smiled and nodded.

"Ok... I love you, I'm glad to get those stupid producers off our backs," Mexico said. California smiled and nodded.

F*ck Hollywood, amiright?

Anyway, it was Texas's 21st birthday, and he spent it at home with family. He didn't tell his baby siblings, because surprises can be fun.

So of course, when he walked in his parent's house, there was immediate happy-screaming and tackle-hugging.

"YOURE BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!" Arizona exclaimed.

"I'm back!" Texas exclaimed, hugging his siblings.

"You smell bad," Nevada said.

"So do you," Texas said.

"TEXASSSSS ANGEL MISSES YOU," MJ exclaimed. Texas smiled and rushed outside with his siblings to greet his horsies. But when he got there, he had a gigantic surprise.

"WHERED THE BABY COME FROM?!? WHOS THIS OTHER HORSE?!? DAD?!" Texas exclaimed, seeing America cleaning out the stable.

"April got a boyfriend, and this is their baby. Her name is Angelica, her boyfriends name is August," America explained.

"WHY ARE WE KEEPING SECRETS IN THIS FAMILY THATS NOT FAIR OH MY GOD IM A GRANDPA!!!" Texas exclaimed, still happily greeting his horses and getting to know the baby.

Later, it was party time. All of his friends were there, including his roommates and their parents.

"Illinois! I didn't know Prairie was in school already! I always thought he was a bit younger!" America exclaimed, watching Texas and his roommates lose in a water-gun fight against Texas's little siblings. Illinois chuckled.

"He's a bit small and timid, like his dad. That's why I'm glad your son is there to help him through police training... god, I still can't see my baby going off and fighting criminals," Illinois said. America smiled.

"He's a good kid, I'm sure he'll do great," America said.

Meanwhile, Holly was sitting alone. Nekomi was busy flirting with Sunny, and Paulina and her parted ways when Paulina went off to college. Now she was back at square one; the shy quiet girl in the corner.

"Hey Tex? Who's your friend?" Lynn asked, glancing over at Holly. Texas smiled.

"Holly? She's like a sister to me, super sweet, caring, smart as hell... also gay, because I'm fairly certain that's what you're asking," Texas said. Lynn rolled her eyes, smiling.

"I'd talk to her, but I just got over the breakup...," Lynn said.

"Holly knows what that feels like. Go on now, at the very least, you might make a new friend," Texas said. Lynn smiled and nodded, walking over to Holly. The two began talking, as Texas watched with a smile.

He then noticed California watching the party from his old bedroom window, and sighed. He noticed Nate sitting by himself, looking bored. Despite his reservations, Texas walked over to him.

"Hey Nate... it's been a while," Texas said. Nate smiled politely at him.

"Yeah... how's Cali? I haven't seen her in a while...," Nate said. Texas smiled.

"She's upstairs, why don't you go ask her?" Texas asked. Nate sighed.

"I know she was Chasity, and I saw what happened all over the news. She doesn't need another thing to stress over-,"

"She wants her normal life back. She wants to reconnect with everything she once loved... and she loved you," Texas said. Nate was silent for a moment, before getting up and heading inside. He turned back at Texas, smirking.

"Don't worry, I won't get too close," Nate said. Texas laughed, and Nate went to go find California.

After the party, Texas was about to change into his pajamas, but his grandpa barged into the guest room he was staying in and lead him to the car.

"I got the ok from your dad... I'm taking you to get a whiskey," Britain said. Texas smiled, tearing up.

"Thank you," Texas said.

When they got to the pub, Ireland was very happy to see them.

"Texas! I've got that whiskey you ordered, sorry it's sixteen years late!" Ireland exclaimed. Texas smiled, and took a sip of the yucky bread water. He didn't mind though, because he felt cool as hell. He and Britain raised a toast, excited for what the future might bring now that Texas finally felt like an adult