Narc

Texas was patrolling the campus, being a bit bored. His fellow patrol-mates didn't seem to want to take their job seriously, just treating it as a free period to hang out. Especially since it was after lunch, Texas often had to pick up littered trash while he was fully aware some of it was from his patrol team themselves.

Texas was taking a breather near the school entrance, when a student sauntered in.

"Hey bud, bell rang twenty minutes ago. Upperclassman are permitted to leave campus during lunch, but are expected to be back five minutes before the bell. Absolute minimum is the tardy bell. Anything past that warrants a warning. Three warnings and you get detention," Texas recited in a monotone voice disappointed yet unsurprised that this kind of thing happened so often.

"Ok, ok, look, I'm on my second warning... do you think you can help a guy out? I trade you fifty bucks and a juul," The student said, handing Texas fifty dollars and a vape pen. Texas glanced around.

"This one works right? What flavor?" Texas asked.

"Strawberry," the student said. Texas smiled and nodded, taking out his phone and taking a picture of the juul, using flash.

"I wanna keep track of these things... they're hard to come by now," Texas said, slightly facing his phone towards the student. "You're free to go... this stays between us," Texas said. The student smiled and nodded, rushing away to class. Texas chuckled to himself.

What that kid didn't know was that Texas turned off the flash in his camera to take a picture of him.

And that he wasn't only going to get this guy for being late, but for offering a bribe of something that was banned within the school.

The principal was impressed, to say the least.

"Wow, evidence and everything... and this isn't just yours? I would hope it's not, because this is punishable by detention or suspension, and a call to your parents," The principal said.

"No sir, this is who was in possession of it. He offered it as a bribe so I would overlook him arriving twenty minutes after the tardy bell," Texas said, showing the principal the picture he took of the student.

"Ah, I see... he's been a troubled student for a while... gets good grades, but doesn't regard safety rules... even cursed out the campus deputy," The principal said.

"We have a deputy?" Texas asked. The principal nodded.

"Assigned by UN, for safety... thank you for telling me this, Texas. I'm sure you will be a great police Officer one day," The principal said. Texas smiled.

"Thank you, sir,"

Texas was walking to the coffee shop after school with Tito and Holly. They invited Sven and Nekomi too, but Sven was on a date with Nora and Nekomi was staying after school for baseball practice.

"So Tex, you feelin confident that you'll be a Jr police student?" Tito asked. Texas smiled and nodded.

"Of course! There is also a physical requirement though- to be in the bang-bang-run-run-break-down-doors department. I think there are other options for less mobile people, but I really wanna be in the bang-bang-run-run-break-down-doors department," Texas said.

"You've had visible ab muscles since middle school, I think you're good," Tito said.

"Oh c'mon, it's not like that is extremely impressive-,"

"But not a lot of kids can say that, can they? Except maybe Nekomi," Holly said. Texas shrugged.

"I haven't stared at enough abs to know I guess," Texas said.

"THERES THE NARC!" They heard someone exclaimed. Suddenly, five teens surrounded them, one of them being the student he turned in. One teen grabbed Holly and pulled her away from the very apparent fight that was about to break out, and two others restrained Tito. Texas calmly let the remaining teen hold his arms behind his back, while the student he turned in glared at Texas, trying to put on a menacing smile.

"You must think you're real clever, huh?" The student asked.

"...in a sense," Texas said. The student took out a switchblade. Texas almost laughed, exited to tell his dads he'd been jumped for the first time in his high school career. The student started approaching Texas.

"NO! STOP IT YOU MOTHERF*CKERS!" Tito yelled, trying to struggle away from the guys holding him back. However, Texas was still. The student pressed the blade up against Texas's cheek.

And the second Texas felt skin break, he knew he was permitted to make his next move.

"SELF-DEFENSE!" Texas exclaimed, kicking the student in the groin. He reeled back, and Texas struggled away from the guy holding him back, before swiveling around and sucker-punching him. He then felt arms wrap around his waist, trying to pull him back. He grabbed the students hands, and pulled back only on the students pinkies, making him release him out of the natural instinct your body has to not want your fingers to go snap. The other kids who were holding Tito and Holly let go, and all tried dog-piling him.

"TITO, HOLLY, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Texas exclaimed. His friends bolted away.

"Hah, you're all alone now!" The student exclaimed. Texas smiled and nodded, simply blocking their attacks rather than making his own.

Because he knew that Tito and Holly simply sprinted back to the school to get the school deputy.

And the school deputy, unlike most school officials for whatever reason, understood the concept of self-defense.

Also at that point Texas let his attackers believe they were winning.

The deputy immediately broke up the fight, and of course the students involved in attacking three unsuspecting people had a nice drive in a wee-woo mobile.

Meanwhile, the Deputy was watching a security cam video of the event, while Texas, Tito, and Holly were calling their parents.

"Wow... are you feeling ok, kid? The blade didn't cut too deep, right?" The deputy asked. Texas shook his head, pressing a napkin against his bleeding cheek.

"This ain't my first rodeo!" Texas exclaimed, pointing at his scarred up eye.

"What was that from?" The deputy asked. Texas chuckled.

"Oh, nothing cool... just an accident when I was five," Texas said. The deputy chuckled.

"Well, I must say, you never fail to impress! I heard what you did to make them angry... you are one good narc," the deputy joked. Texas smiled.

"Thank you sir!" Texas exclaimed.

"And how about you two? Did they leave any wounds?" The deputy asked Holly and Tito.

"No, I was just worried they'd do something worse to Texas than just cut his cheek," Tito said. Suddenly, Mexico and America rushed in the room and wrapped their child in a biiiiiig hug.

"Oh my god are you ok?!!? What happened?!" America exclaimed.

"I got jumped!" Texas said cheerfully. Mexico laughed.

"Only you would be so cheerful over something so awful...," Mexico said.

"Thank you!" Texas exclaimed.