TEX-MEX

(Warning: I spend this chapter intensely (and wholesomely) simping for Selena and Tejano culture)

It was international festival time because I ran out of hype-filler

Texas was having fun seeing all the different cultures at his school, and noticed a booth getting crowded. He smiled and snuck behind the booth.

"You we're right, everyone's loving the pizza," Texas said. Tito chuckled.

"Yep! Here, I saved you and your Grandma some, tell her I said hi!" Tito exclaimed, giving Texas two plates with a slice of Margherita pizza on each. Texas smiled and nodded, before going to look for his family. He eventually found them sitting at a table in the middle of the quad (open area, not the kids)

"Grandma?" Texas said gently. France looked a bit overwhelmed, but smiled upon hearing her grandsons voice. Texas set the pizza in front of her. "Tito saved you a slice," Texas said. France smiled, and began eating, finally looking peaceful. Britain happily wrapped an arm around her.

"Don't you have to set up your booth?" Britain asked.

"Papá is covering for me while I look around... I'll go back to my booth now though... I can't wait for you to see the performance later!" Texas exclaimed.

"Yes! I'm so excited to finally see it!! Mexico hasn't even shown me your outfit yet, I'm so curious!" America exclaimed. Texas smiled and nodded.

"I hope you guys love it!" Texas exclaimed. He went back to his booth, and was happy that the principal didn't go near his area. He proudly strung up his 'Tex-Mex' sign, and hung Mexican, American, and Texan flags all over his table. And of course, his state motto, 'FRIENDSHIP'.

(Texas is into MLP confirmed?? Jk jk... unless?)

A few of Texas's teachers walked by his booth, and agreed to not tell the principal he was kinda sorta breaking the rules a little bit.

And soon, everyone was called into the auditorium for the culture-show thing. The kids who were performing went backstage to set up their outfits and props for the dance/song/presentation they were doing, while Tito snuck Texas into a nearby prop closet where he hid his costume earlier.

"I'll tell you when you're on... and your sister formed an elaborate plan to get the principal out of the auditorium during your performance," Tito said. Texas smiled and wrapped Tito in a hug.

"Thanks for all your help Tito... I genuinely don't know if I could've done this without you...," Texas said. Tito hesitantly hugged him back.

"Are you feeling ok? You sound like you're crying," Tito said. Texas took a deep breath.

"I'm nervous," Texas said.

"Ah Tex, you'll do great! It might feel intimidating now, but I'm sure you'll feel better once you hit the stage! I'll be in the wings the whole time, I promise. I'll be right there for you," Tito said. Texas smiled and nodded.

While the principal was watching the show, she suddenly got a call. She checked, and it said it was from the board of education. She hurriedly left the room, knowing that the show only had one more act anyway. California locked the doors on her way out (and stayed by the doors so she could unlock them in case of emergency). Tito peeked out from the wing and saw California give him a thumbs up. He ran to get Texas.

"Tex! You're on- Woah.... Oh damn," Tito said upon seeing Texas's outfit.

"Do I look stupid?" Texas asked. Tito shook his head, smiling.