Strikeout

"WOOOOOOOOO! KNOCK EM DEAD! NEKOMI! RUN! RUN!!! HELL YEAH THATS MY GIRL!! YOU GOT THIS!!"

"Ame calm down, jesus," Canada said.

"Look at them!! They're makin their coach proud out there! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOME RUN!!!" America exclaimed. Mexico smiled.

"I'm glad handing the company over and going back to coaching is working out! I haven't seen you this carefree in a while," Mexico said.

"Well, with Tex goin to middle school next year and the quad-squad running around trying to figure out all the different things in our house to eat and trip over, I wanna keep my mind active! And what better way then- WOOOOOOOOOO!!! CAMI RUN!!! YOU GO KID, JUST LIKE WE PRACTICED!" America exclaimed, making Canada and Mexico laugh. Meanwhile, California was just sitting on a picnic blanket nearby with Nathan and Holly, half watching the game and half playing with toys, doodling, and playing games on Hollys tablet. Man, I remember when my bro did baseball and I did the same thing. Feels bad man.

"Cali, are you doing homework?" Holly asked.

"Mhm, I'm just bored... I do homework when I'm bored," California said.

"That looks like Texas's homework," Holly said.

"Yeah, I never said it was mine," California said.

"He doesn't force you to do it, does he?" Nate asked.

"No, he just always leaves it at his desk, and I usually finish my homework early so I just do his to pass the time... he gets mad at me when I do," California said.

"Mad? Why mad?" Holly asked.

"Well... not mad, just perplexed," California said.

"...huh?"

"Y'know, like, confused. He says that I shouldn't do his homework for him because it's cheating, and he doesn't want me to feel like I have to do his work for him," California said.

"So... why do you?" Nate asked.

"I just like helping him. Besides, his grades get bad if I don't. He gets really frustrated and gives up easily on stuff he doesn't like," California said.

"Yeah, that sounds like him... it's weird. He'll devote an entire day to clean Angel and Aprils entire stable by himself, but can barely get his homework done... at least, from what I can tell," Holly said.

"Mhm, that's my brother," California said. Suddenly, Utah shuffled up to California and hid behind her, holding a small copy of the runaway bunny. God I loved that book.

"Whatcha got?" Nate asked, scooting next to him. Utah let Nate hold the left half of the book open. Utah was Nate's favorite out of the quad squad due to him always hanging around when he and Cali hung out, just silently flipping through picture books.

"Book," Utah said.

"What's it about?" Nate asked. Utah pointed at the mother bunny.

"Mamá bunny an baby bunny," Utah said. Nate smiled and nodded.

"You got so many smart kids in your family," Holly said. California looked over at Arizona and MJ throwing pebbles at each other, while Nevada was trying to climb a tree with no low branches for her to hang onto.

"That's debatable," California said.

Meanwhile, Texas was watching his siblings from the dugout.

"What's wrong eaglet?" Nekomi asked, leaning on the cage wall and looking out at the toddlers bein toddlers.

"Nothin... just watchin...," Texas said, wincing as MJ hurled a small rock at Arizonas chest, making Arizona cry, which made MJ cry because he felt bad, which made Arizona cry more because he also felt bad. Although Mexico ran over to comfort them immediately, Texas still felt the urge to go hug them and try to make them smile.