Growing Up

(Quick reminder: Texas and his siblings are named after states who are dead/gone, which is why the other states who might appear are not Ame and Mex's kids)

Tito and Texas were hanging out at prom, but they couldn't really enjoy themselves because it was hella loud and people were there. However, Texas was a part of the Jr police academy at this point, and brought a lil badge to prove it. So he had the authority to leave early this time.

And so, Tito and Texas were walking around town in America and Mexicos wedding tuxedos, just talking about life.

"Y'know, we can hang out at my house and watch a movie or something. I'll even make dinner," Tito said. Texas chuckled.

"You don't have to make dinner for me Tito... at least let me help you," Texas said. Tito smiled and nodded.

"Of course, of course, let your dads know though, in case they get worried," Tito said. Texas nodded and texted his dad that he would be at Tito's house.

They got to his house and started making, you guessed it, pizza. After a while, Texas realized something.

"Tito, is your dad home?" Texas asked.

"He's out on a business trip, so he won't be back until tomorrow night," Tito said. Texas smiled and nodded.

"You're lucky, you have the whole house to yourself... I can't remember the last time I was home alone," Texas said. Tito nodded.

"Luckily your house is huge... I mean, it's not like my house isn't big, but it sure seems small in comparison," Tito said. Texas smiled and shrugged.

"Yeah, but my siblings still like to come play with me... oh sh*t, we shouldn't wear these suits while cooking...," Texas said, having almost spilled sauce on his dads tuxedo. Tito washed his hands and took off his vest, before untying his hair from the bun it was in and letting it fall down to his shoulders. He ran his hand through it, taking a deep breath.

"Parties are exhausting... you must be uncomfortable in that suit," Tito said, walking over to Texas and unbuttoning his fitted tux jacket. Texas nodded, as Tito struggled unbuttoning the last button on Texas's jacket.

Texas felt a weird sense of deja-Vu, although he knew he'd never been in this position before. He knew he'd seen America lovingly help Mexico with dinner, or see Mexico help unbutton Americas work shirt after he had long Night Shift.

Being in that position now, Texas felt a new rush of emotions. Feeling the silent love he so often observed resonated so much deeper to him than any blatant flirt Philip ever threw at him. Texas almost winced remembering how he cherished the anxiety he had when Philip flirted with him, an anxiety that was masked as butterflies. Being in the moment now, the warm oven making the dimly-lit kitchen feel comfortable and relaxing, Tito inches from his beating heart, loosening the tie that was tight around his neck, everything was more than perfect. Texas kissed Tito, the two of them smiling against each other's lips, staying close in each other's embrace.

"Cali, looks like we're not having a taco party tonight," Mexico said, walking into Californias room.

"I was feeling kinda sick anyway... why not though?" California said.

"Texas is spending the night at Tito's, and your abuelo used up the taco meat without telling me," Mexico said. Spain was looking at them from the doorway, wearing a jokingly devastated frown. California chuckled.

"That's ok...," California said, closing the laptop she was doing homework on. Mexico sighed.

"Are you sure you're ok doing classes online? Don't you miss going to school?" Mexico asked. California shook her head.