Action and Reaction

Texas was walking to school, shakin in his lil combat boots.

The first day of middle school.

And he was going to find out if he made it into the ASB.

And Tito told him that PJ had a 'casual date' to ask him out on.

And Texas was wearing earrings. Very cool looking ones, that weren't too flashy so nobody would call him emo, and not too fancy so nobody would call him girly, however he was still nervous.

And his breathing was being weird, which he found odd because he knew he didn't have asthma or anything.

Also he was still shaking.

And tense.

And his tummy hurt.

"HEY COZ!"

"WHAT?!" Texas exclaimed. Bruno reeled back a bit.

"Sorry! Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you! Are you feeling ok?" Bruno asked.

"Y-yeah... I-I'm just...,"

"Anxious?" Bruno asked.

"I guess...," Texas said.

"Ok, slow down ok? It's early, you won't be late" Bruno said, grabbing Texas's shoulder and slowing him down. Texas didn't even realize how fast he was walking. "Breath with me, we're gonna count," Bruno said. Texas chuckled.

"Why?" Texas asked.

"Learned it in my theater class, it helps with the nerves. Just breath how I say, ok?" Bruno asked. Texas nodded. "In 2 3 4, hold 2 3 4, out 2 3 4, hold 2 3 4," Bruno directed. Texas breathed accordingly, relieved, especially since he didn't realize he was hyperventilating before. "What's up?" Bruno asked, seeing that Texas was calmer.

"I just hope the day goes well, y'know? And I hope I get to be in the student body class," Texas said.

"I've seen your posters all over man, even the high school kids think you're cool. And even if you don't get in, what's the backup?" Bruno asked.

"The backups I chose were a 50/50 between art and video production... PJ is in art, Tito's in film, so I figured either is fine with me," Texas said.

"Well... what would you have chosen if neither of them were there?" Bruno asked.

"I would've chosen to look for them I guess? Where else would they be?" Texas said.

"No, I mean like... if they were in a different school, what elective would you choose?" Bruno asked.

"I'd.... Transfer?" Texas said.

"Tex, c'mon, what's your interests outside of your friends?" Bruno asked.

"Horses, and there's no horsey class, so friends is second best to horse. If there was a horse class, then I wouldn't even need friends," Texas said. Bruno laughed.

"Ok, weirdo," Bruno said.

Soon, Texas got to school, where his friends were waiting. He noticed them standing by the school bulletin. Holly (who was becoming a giant like her father), was standing in front of the bulletin and blocking something Texas really wanted to see: who made the ASB class.

"Hey guys!" Texas exclaimed. They all looked at him sorrowfully, and he almost died of 'uh oh'.

"Hey Tex...," PJ said. Texas was still 'uh oh'-ing.

"What's wrong?" Texas asked, 100% fearing the response and still internally dying of 'uh oh'.

"Well um... ok, just look...," Nekomi said, Holly stepping out of the way. Texas was really worried, but Tito looked at him and gave him a very subtle thumbs up, glancing at the bulletin. Texas checked, and...