Long and Emotional

Texas was at the campus gym, working out after feeling embarrassed about coming in second place during an obstacle course race during PT.

"Tex? Holy sh*t dude, you're gonna be sore tomorrow," Said one of Texas's classmates, who worked part-time at the gym.

"Eh, It's fine, it's how I'll know I made progress," Texas said.

"Your kinda stupid,"

"Kinda? I was aiming for full-blown dumb*ss," Texas joked. His classmates rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, don't die of exhaustion," His classmate said. Texas shrugged, continuing to lift the biggest weights he could.

As he walked back to the dorm, he mentally criticized himself for being an idiot.

"Texas?" He heard a familiar voice say. He turned around and gasped.

"BRUNO!" Texas exclaimed, giving Bruno a big hug.

"Heya coz! It's been a while!" Bruno exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" Texas asked.

"Landscaping. The campus supervisor wants a fresh look," Bruno said.

"What? I thought you were going to become an actor? You always talked about it!" Texas exclaimed. Bruno chuckled.

"I built my ego on it... turns out, it's easy getting the lead role in a high school play when you're the only one who has the guts to audition for that part. Acting professionally just wasn't working out, it crushed me... so, I'm workin' for my old man now, until I figure something else out," Bruno said.

"Oh... Bruno, I'm so sorry-,"

"Don't be! I loved acting in high school, but waiting two hours to get into the audition room, just to immediately being rejected for some arbitrary reason? Are you kidding? I wanted to have fun, not play a game of living off five bucks an hour, just hoping for some sort of miracle!" Bruno said.

"But you're such a good actor! You can't just let that go!" Texas exclaimed. Bruno chuckled.

"Oh primo, you are so young, so innocent," Bruno teased.

"You're only two years older than me! What will you do instead of acting? It's not like you'll work for your dad forever! Right?" Texas exclaimed.

"Tex, we are immortal... I have all of eternity to look for something new. If one thing doesn't work, it's onto the next thing. If an opportunity arises, I take it. Even if I got some huge role in a movie... I don't think I'd act forever and ever," Bruno said.

"But it was your dream! What could get in the way of that?" Texas exclaimed. Bruno laughed.

"Kids? Finding a wife? Making a family? Traveling? Tex... have you ever even considered what happens after you become a sheriff? What's next? Chief of police? Or just do the same thing for the rest of eternity?" Bruno asked.

"...I'm too tired for your psychic a**," Texas joked, smiling tiredly. Bruno sighed, smiling forlornly.

"You still have my number, right? We can get a drink sometime soon," Bruno said.

"I'm not 21," Texas said. Bruno laughed.

"Ah, yes, I forgot your dads weird rules... well, call me sometime anyway," Bruno said. Texas smiled and nodded, before continuing to walk to his dorm.

When he got there, he was hit with the smell of Carbonara before even opening the door. His heart spiked, and he barged in, seeing exactly who was hoping to see in the kitchen.

"TITO!!!!" Texas exclaimed, sweeping Tito off his feet in a big hug.

"Ah! Amo', you scared me!" Tito laughed, wrapping his arms around Texas.