104. COURAGE

====================

Children regard their multiple parents the same as those with a normal pair. They may not be biologically connected but their relation is etched on the threads of soul in every parents in Multiples. It's a natural child's instinct to identify their parents.

====================

"I miss him." The words were a whisper.

The sadness lingers on Jimins' chest as he blinks away the sleep from his eyes. It's like the words are just remnants of a sad dream, only it wasn't. The statement was said to him last night before she succumbed to sleep.

"I'm so sorry. I am a mess." She whispered between her sobs. "I am sorry I am like this." Her weak voice still echoes inside his head. She looked so broken. His heart bled with how small she was. He could only try to cuddle her and said soothing words of love and understanding.

**********

She was so silent along the way of their hotel. The others were already there. Arms were open wide to welcome her but she only kissed them like it was a task. Without reciprocating their teases and sweet I-miss-you-s, she excused herself and locked herself away from them. As the receiver of all their curious and concerned glares, Jimin just helplessly sighed.

"Oh no no no..." Yoongi whispered. He then phoned the hotel's front desk to request the spare key for her room. Hopefully they would not be using it. It's only a precaution on anything that could happen. They didn't want to invade her privacy. Perhaps she could welcome them as well with her woes.

They were staying at the highest level of the penthouse suit of the luxury hotel. It was supposed to be so large for all of them, but with the tension on their shoulders, the walls seemed to be constricting them into breathlessness.

All of them had somehow got the gist of it. After all, Daun had once expressed her concern of coming with them in Japan- the country that she didn't want to visit. It was her home, yet she didn't want to do anything about it anymore. It was where all her bad memories were buried and she didn't want those to resurface once again. If only they could let her stay in Korea alone. But they couldn't. They couldn't risk of her soul to travel again. They wouldn't know what will happen... and they wouldn't want to know either. Once could be a fluke and a blessing. What happened in America happened only because they were together when she flickered. The horrors of the bruises littered on her skin were enough torture. If it would happen twice, it would be a disaster.

"What really happened Jimin-ah?" Taehyung asked but Jimin couldn't even answer. The latter was not even sure of what really happened.

"She is drowning herself again with all those messy memories of her past." Yoongi answered.

"What is she thinking now?" Namjoon asked curiously. His brows were tight together and his teeth were gritting in worry.

All of their shoulders slumped with how the second eldest shook his head.  They knew about it. The man had shared before how her thoughts jumbled into an incoherent chaos once her mind ventured on something so sensitive. The more if they were related to her papa.

"What to do, hyung?" Jungkook asked. His eyes were frantic towards the second eldest, but Yoongi didn't answer anymore.

Everyone was confused. Jimin could see it among his brothers.

'Is it right to be hurt for being kept in the dark? Is it right to think that after all the words of love, Daun still has no trust with them? No. It feels so selfish. This is not about what he feels or the others. This is about her, their Daun.' If only it didn't leave her heart scarred, her past shouldn't have been that vital. It shouldn't have mattered that much. The important was that she's here with them and together they will have their beautiful forever.