61. HOME

====================

Distance affects souls in different ways. With incomplete or unstable soul bounds due to diseases and other complications, distance may trigger intense yearning. The craving for touch intensifies.

====================

"I'm here!" Daun beams as she puts all the paper bags on the floor.

She rushes to take off her shoes and goes inside the penthouse.

She hums happily and looks at the living room but stills on her tracks.

There is no Hobi screaming to welcome her. No Jungkookie and Tae Tae who are bickering with their heated gameplays. And no Yoonie shutting them up before showing a pleased sugary gummy smile to her. Her sight lands to the open kitchen and sees no Jinnie busily cooking food and no Joonie messing everything up instead of helping. And above all, no Jiminie who would hug her before everyone else and ask her how her day was even though she was just inside the room either sleeping or painting.

The penthouse is empty.

She pouts.

She forgot.

They had called at noon. The men were so ecstatic with the lunch she prepared, mumbling about how "heavenly it was" ... wishing for more. They were teasing Jin, telling the eldest that he should level up on his cooking. They asked on her visit to Dr. Choi followed by whatever silly questions they could think of. It was fun, until they apologized for being held at work once again. Jungkook had sworn to be quick but didn't promise to come home early.

It's the third day. Apparently, they felt they need some revisions on the song that they were recording. Tae Tae reminded her of their promised vacation on their secret haven as though they needed to compensate on their absence. With a heavy heart she smiled and said that she would be okay.

She was okay. She had the memories of their heated night repeatedly entertaining her musings. She felt okay as she decided to visit Ji-woo who had successfully switched her focus on clothes. The afternoon was like that until she felt like she had kept Ji-woo from her boutique's opening. The feeling of being nothing but a burden increased as the woman obviously joggled herself on her and on instructing her staffs. Not an hour later after her purchase, she bid goodbye and left the woman with her busy afternoon.

She couldn't think anywhere to go next and opted to go straight home...

She stands still and looks around.

Home. Ever since she had lived with her soulmates, their dorm, their penthouse has been her home. However, now with its emptiness, she thinks otherwise. Guess it's true. Home is where your love ones is.

She winces as she rests her right hand against her chest. The ache that she had been feeling on their absence is slowly creeping in once again. The silence on the emptiness of the room echoes within.

It's weird if she thinks about it. She had been practically leaving alone for years and it was fine. It was not that exciting but it was fine. It was lonely at times, but it was fine. Yet now... she doesn't like the hollowness of her heart.

She misses them... so much that it's already hurting inside. She misses their kisses, their touches, their chuckles and giggles, their... everything. Her seven soulmates who she almost had denied of their soul bounds have already penetrated in her soul. Though their soul bounds are yet to be completed but the day becomes incomplete without them. She feels lifeless without them. Her brain would start wiring up nonsense with their absence.

If she can't see any traces of them around the house, maybe her fear of being unwanted would be reborn. Thankfully, there is such abundance wherever she looks. Even the memories of their smiles and tender gazes keep her strong.