The letter

sat on my bed by myself and stared at the envelope in my lap. I took a deep breath and ripped the top. I took out about maybe 3 pieces of paper and I started reading.

Gabby,

Wow, 18 already. I'm writing this..I don't know what the date is. I know I'm not gonna be at your wedding. The cancer wasn't surprising. I've had it before. Now, I know you've picked Justin. How did I know? no I can't read your mind, but I know love when I see it. You two remind me of me and your mother somehow...I don't know if it's how you both acted like us when we were your age or what, but you do remind me. now I'm not saying you two are gonna divorce, you can't anyway. I made sure of that. I'm sure you two won't either. I know you'll probably be on and off again, but you'll never be done wih each other. I mean, your mother thought you'd be with Harry, but you guys are better as friends anyway. and I'm sure Justin and Harry will make up soon. ues I know about it.

Remember how I wasn't over your mother and you and I used to sing Tonight I wanna cry by Keith urban? yeah, even though I don't like country that much, I love that song. I'm sorry I had to put you through this. I don't know if the boys are telling you everything so this is why you have to have an arranged marriage and stuff:I was apart of a gang. a huge gang actually. I guess that they think I know something so they're after me. and since you're my daughter, they think you know it too. no, your friendships aren't fake. they just figured out too like when you guys were in 7th grade. 4 years ago. god, I can't believe you graduated. I watched you walk down that aisle and got that diploma, I was so proud of you. I graduated high school, but I was too caught up in everything that was thrown at me, and I couldn't handle it. I'm glad that the guys are there for you and you don't have any drama. you're a lot stronger than I am Gabby. a lot stronger. mentally, but not physically. I could knock you out in one punch. just saying.

When you decide to have kids, have a boy please. I know you want one anyway. I love how you picked Kaylee Marie for your daughter, and Trey Carter for your son. I wish I could see my grandkids. I know it's a lot to think about, but I know you will someday. I know you'll go so far in life and have so much fun along he way. I want you to be careful though. nad if you lost your virginity before you get married and I'm still here...you're gonna get a huge ass lecture from me little girl. Also, there is a family treasure. only you know the password. think real hard of a song that's special. you type in the chorus. the full chorus. after you read this, burn this part. The treasure, well, it's not really a treasure.

I love you so much baby girl. I don't know what else to say, I love you and I wish you a lucky life and marriage. I wish you the best. I know you two will work everything out and you'll be together forever. hopefully. Follow your heart. Remember everything that we did together, I'm so haooy to have you as my daughter. I'm so proud of you.

Love,

Daddy

(Chris Carter:))

I smiled and closed the letter. I took my lighter out of my dresser drawer and started burning the letter. I looked at it while it burned. I see what my dad did. there's not a treasure. but, I still wanna see what's inside. maybe he did that to distract them. The treasure is by my dad's house, and it's in his garage.