NINETEEN

Present day.

"Why would you do that?" She asks, her voice shaking.

Because of you. He thinks to himself.

No,

Because of Bucky.

"I don't know, I'm- I'm an idiot." He tries to force a laugh, but she doesn't budge.

"Stevie, You used to drink that stuff all the time and you never got so sick,"

Hearing her say his old nickname shatters him into a million pieces.

"It was an accident," He whispers, brushing her wet hair from her face,

"I lost track of how much I drank."

"I don't believe you," She whispers, knowing by the twitch of his nose that he's lying.

"I'm so sorry, Sweetheart..."

"Promise me you won't drink anymore..."

"What?" He asks, furrowing his brows.

"Promise me that you won't drink anymore, Stevie." She repeats, her bottom lip quivering.

Rubbing his thumb over her cheek as she shivers beneath his touch,

"Okay," He inhales sharply, Resting his forehead against hers as they both close their eyes.

She continues to struggle breathing.

"I won't drink anymore, I promise."

"Stevie...I-" She starts but is cut off by Sam entering the room.

"Can I talk to you on the balcony, Steve?" Sam interrupts.

His tearful eyes lock with Anastasia's as their foreheads part, Both darting between the others eyes to their lips.

"Yeah." He replies, pulling gently away from her.

Alone in the room, She moves over to his long brown dresser. Pulling the top drawer open to find half of it filled with neatly folded boxers and matching dress socks, And the other half being matching pajama sets. She digs through the entire dresser until she finds it.

~

"Since when does Annie have panic attacks?!" Sam snaps, Sliding the balcony door shut.

"How don't you know about them?" Steve narrows his eyes,

"You've been talking to her for all these months, Her panic attacks never came up?"

"No, but the fact that she was pregnant didn't come up either, So I guess I shouldn't be surprised." He scoffs.

"Why are you angry about her having panic attacks?"

"I'm not fuckin angry that she has panic attacks, I'm pissed that I barely know that girl in there. And I barely know this version of you." He huffs, motioning at Steve,