ELEVEN

"I love you too, be safe." Bucky hears Anastasia say into the phone, Rounding the corner to find her still sitting in the same spot he left her in on the counter.

"Everyone wanted me to tell you hi." She beams, kicking her now bare feet back and forth.

"Even Sam?" He asks, Glancing over at her with a raised his brow before setting the armful of ingredients down onto the counter.

"Samy may have added a," She places one hand on her hip, bringing the other up to wave an angry finger in his direction,

"Tell him if he does anything I don't like I'll fly back there and kick his ass." She finishes, relaxing her arms and chuckling.

Bucky leans over, Snaking his hand into her messy hair, Planting a tender kiss on her lips.

"I hope he likes me cooking dinner for you then." He smiles, Moving back to sort out his pile of ingredients.

"What is all that, Buck?" She asks, glancing down at the mountain of colorful vegetables, carton of broth and package of raw meat.

She plucks a long carrot from the group as he pushes a few out of his way, Poking him gently in the side with it.

He cocks his head to the side, His devilishly handsome smirk slightly daring her to do it again.

And she does, while scrunching her face in the way that makes his knees go weak.

"That's it!" He exclaims, Tickling her sides.

His laughter and her pleading giggles fill the suite.

"Okay, Okay, You win!" She concedes, Placing her hands on his chest. Both of them breathless.

He rest his head on hers briefly, Kissing the tip of her nose causing her to scrunch her face up at him once more.

"How do you feel about a beef stew for dinner?" He asks, Searching her cabinets to find a large enough pot.

"Mmm." She hums, Running her tongue along her bottom lip,

"Stew sounds perfect."

~

3 am

Hiding in the bathroom of James private jet on his way to France, Steve leans his back against the small counter. Anxiously tapping his finger on his phone.

"Hello?" A groggy Sam groans on the other end.

"Hey man, Were you sleeping?" Steve asks in a low voice.

He waited until Peggy and James were sound asleep at the front end of the jet before sneaking away, But still he's paranoid that she might overhear him.

"It's 3 o'clock in the damn morning, Steve, Of course I was sleeping." Sam snaps.

Sitting up on the pullout mattress of the cheap motel room he's sharing with Vision, Wanda and Strange while they stake out a possible lead.

"I'm sorry, I'll be quick." Steve pleads, Taking in a deep breath before continuing.

Sam braces himself on the other end, Knowing that nothing good could possible come from a middle of the night call with Steve.

"I have to go on a mission for a few days, Maybe a week, To the UN conference in Paris..." He starts.

"Okay... Thanks for letting me know?" Sam replies, confused on the other end.

"It's just," Steve hesitates, grasping the back of his neck.

"What, man?" Sam asks, annoyed.

"If anything happens with Ana... Or the baby... While I'm gone... Will you please let me know?"