The Calico Man 3

(Captain Man and Kid Danger arrive at Swellview Hill and squat under a giant bush. A group of men are gathered there hoisting equipment into a large van while one guards a tied up Charlotte)

Kid Danger: (fuming through clenched teeth) "I swear to God if they've hurt her..." (Tries to advance)

Captain Man: (holds him down) "Kid! What are you doing? We can't just walk in like that, we gotta take them by surprise. We have to stick to the plan."

Kid Danger: (surprised) "really? The one time i act on impulse you're gonna go all "good guy" on me? What happened to Captain Man busting in there and improvising?"

Captain Man: (sighs) "Usually, i would but that was back when Charlotte wasn't in danger. Who knows what they'll do to her if we try to improvise? We need to take them out silently, okay. Before they'll realize it, they're outnumbered."

Kid Danger: "alright, fine. But how do we know which of these guys is a Calico clone? That's the one we want right? I bet the rest are just henchmen."

Captain Man: "Well, Schwoz said each clone wears a nanovolt wrist watch so let's start with that."

Kid Danger: "we don't even know what a nanovolt watch looks like."

Captain Man: (Brings out his phone) "here's a pic of it."

Kid Danger: (squints at the image on the screen) "pretty bland!"

Captain Man: (retrieves his phone) "Now, which one of these guys have a wrist watch on?"

(The pair scan through the small crowd and discover that every man has a wrist watch on.)

Kid Danger: (grunts in frustration) "how can all of them just wanna wear watches on the same day? I mean, it's not that necessary. You could always ask someone else what the time says or check your phone."

Captain Man: (perks up) "That's it."

Kid Danger: "that's what?"

Captain Man: "pop a gum ball."

Kid Danger: "what?"

Captain Man: "just do it."

Kid Danger: "are we improvising?"

Captain Man: (pulls out his gum tube) "yeah, sorta like a plan within a plan."

Kid Danger: (also pulls out his gum tube and throws a gum in his mouth) "sounds dangerous but that's literally the name i go by. What are you thinking bud?"

Captain Man: "come with me."

(Captain Man drags Kid Danger with him where they transform back to Henry and Ray. Ray tells Henry the new plan then they both waltz into the clearing arguing as loudly as they can. Charlotte's eyes light up when she sees them but she does nothing)

Ray: "um, yeah that's what watches are for. Telling time!"

(The men's attention snap to the sudden interruption)

Henry: "Okay but phones are better because they come in different models, they're smarter and oh, they also tell time."

Ray: "wrist watches are more advanced than smartphones. Smartphones could turn into robots one day and eliminate human beings."

Henry: "No they won't. They're cool and more fun and... " (pretends to notice the men for the first time) "... you know what, why don't we ask these gentlemen we have run into? Their opinions matter."

Ray: "Alright fine, we'll ask them." (walks up to a man carrying a brown box) "Excuse me sir, but we'd like your opinion on something?"

Man #1: "okay?"

Henry: "which is a better invention? Wrist watches or smartphones?"

Man #1: (shrugs) "I say smartphones."

Henry: (points at Ray) "aha!"

(One of the men walks towards them)

Man #2: "Hey. Who are you two lousy quarrelers?" (turns to Man #1) "and you, aren't you supposed to not be talking to these two lousy quarrelers? We have a job to finish."

Man #1: (nervously) "Sorry sir." (scampers toward the van)

Ray: "Mr man, will you please tell this new generation teenager that watches are better than phones?"

Man #2: "will you get out of here if i do?"

Henry: "absolutely. We will be on our way as soon as you tell this grandpa that phones are better." (inconspicuously locks eyes with Charlotte. She nods and he looks away)

Man #2: "watches are better."

Ray: "Aha!"

Henry: "i refuse to accept it."

Ray: (turns to Man #2) "I can see you have a wrist watch on. Show the kid how cool it is so he'd have some more respect."

Man #2: (rolls up his sleeve to show off his wrist watch. It is the same one as in Ray's picture) "My watch is way cooler than a smartphone."

Ray: "exactly. Which makes you the jerk we're looking for."

Man #2: "What?"

Ray: "Guess who's gonna black out in the next ten seconds?"

Man #2: "who?"

Ray: "You." (Punches the man and he falls down)

Henry: "Ray. Get Charlotte!"

(Ray releases Charlotte and hands her a laser. Together, they battle the henchmen and dump the Calico clone in their own van)

Ray: (with a satisfied grin) "See, i told you my plan would work!"

Henry: (walks over to Charlotte and pulls her into a tight hug) "are you okay?"

Charlotte: "Yeah." (frowns) "Why did it take you guys so long to come find me?"

Ray: "The first week was your punishment for going off to some dinner despite Henry's warning."  

Charlotte: (glares at Henry) "What?"

Henry: "No. That is not the reason."

Ray: "The second week was because we were being delayed."

Charlotte: "whatever. Can we go now? I haven't had a proper meal for two weeks."

Ray: "thought you went to dinner with Randy Bottom Feeder?"

Henry: (warns) "Ray!"

Ray: "fine. Let's go."

(Scene closes)