The Rep-Watch Craze 2

(In Henry's house. Piper is kneeling in front of the table about to open a package delivery. Mr Hart comes downstairs)

Mr Hart: "Piper, have you seen your brother?"

Piper: (Rips the package tape off) "Don't know, don't care."

Mr Hart: (stands behind the sofa) "What's in the box?"

Piper: (rolls her eyes) "I ordered another Rep-Watch!"

Mr Hart: "Those new wrist watches you got twenty minutes earlier today? And yesterday, and two days ago? And last week?"

Piper: "Mmhmm!"

Mr Hart: "But Piper, you already have eight wrist watches, why do you need more?"

Piper: (stands up) "Jasper already has six of them and he's going to get two more. I don't want him to have the same number of wrist watches that I do and by the way, they come in tie-dye."

Mr Hart: (looks worried) "You already spent your entire allowance on these things and used your mother's credit card too. What's so special about wrist watches? They've been around since before your great grandpa."

Piper: "Yes, but did my great grandpa's wrist watch tell time from every single time zone in the world all at once? Did it have an in-built air conditioner, body spray and live feed videos of Mars?"

Mr Hart: (perks up with interest) "Live feed videos of Mars?"

Piper: (laughs) "I'm just kidding about the live feed videos. Rep-Watches are the talk of Swellview. There's rumors that the Mayor has a closet full of them."

Mr Hart: "That's a lot of watches. Hey, why can't I have a cool wrist watch?"

Piper: (opens the pack and brings out three more wrist watches. She frees them from their plastic wraps) "I can sell you one."

Mr Hart: "Or you can just give it to me? I'm your dad!"

Piper: "Yeah, no!" (Puts on one of the wrist watches and turns the A/C on) "Now that's a cool watch, literally."

Mr Hart: (baffled) "How could they fit an air conditioner in a watch?"

Piper: "I'm gonna go upstairs and update my fans about my new Rep-Watch. I own eleven of them now."

(Piper goes upstairs. At that moment, Henry and Jasper walk into the house)

Mr Hart: "Ah, Henry! There you are! Have you seen my—"

Henry: "Dad, where's Piper? Dad, where's Piper?"

Mr Hart: "I heard you the first time, son. She just went upstairs."

Henry: "We need to find out if she's been saying things twice too. We need to find out if she's been saying things twice too."

Mr Hart: "Excuse me? Why are you talking like that?"

Jasper: "We don't know. we don't know! And why aren't you repeating yourself? And why aren't you repeating yourself?"

Mr Hart: (laughs) "Are you trying to pull a prank?"

Henry: (agitated) "No, Dad this is serious. I can't stop staying stuff twice even when I don't want to. no, Dad this is serious! I can't stop saying stuff twice even when I don't want to."

Mr Hart: (clueless)"Whoa! Is this a new trend on social media? Repeating yourself because it's cool ?"

(Piper comes downstairs with her phone)

Henry: "Piper, have you noticed what's going on? Piper, have you noticed what's going on?”

Piper: (blinks) "Did you just repeat yourself for dramatic effect?"

Jasper: "No, Piper, something's wrong. We can't stop ourselves from saying things twice. No, Piper, something's wrong. We can't stop ourselves from saying things twice."

Piper: (realizes something) "Hey, there's also a bunch of kids at school that won't stop saying things over and over. I thought it was a stupid prank."

Mr Hart: "It is!"

Henry: Dad, not now! Dad, not now!" (Groans in frustration)

Jasper: "We have to find out what's going on!" (Covers his mouth again to prevent repeating then suddenly slumps ontop of Henry)

Henry: (Alarmed) "Jasper? Jasper? Oh my god, he's out cold! Oh my god, he's out cold!"

Mr Hart: (laughs gleefully) "Nice trick, Jasper! Now, has anyone seen my underwear?"

(The trio stare at him disgustedly and the scene closes)