Roses For Captain Man 1

(In Henry's house, Charlotte and Piper walk in through the back door while Jasper and Henry walk in through the front. They all have worried looks on their faces.)

Henry: "So, anybody find anything?"

Piper: "Nothing yet. Everyone in Swellview park claimed to haven't noticed anything strange at all since last week."

Charlotte: "I think what's best is for us to see to it that kids stay clear of the park for the next two weeks or more."

Jasper: "That's robbery, Charlotte."

Charlotte: (blinks at him) "What is?"

Jasper: "Not letting kids play in the park for more than two weeks. You're robbing them of childhood fun."

Henry: "Dude, it's only for a matter of time until I catch whoever's behind this."

Piper: "Yeah, and it's for their own good too. We don't need any more casualties. We already have a big case on our hands."

(Henry's watch beeps and he flips it open. A hologram of Schowz pops up.)

Henry: "Schwoz?"

Schwoz: (looking disturbed) "Hey, you guys. You have to get back to the Man Cave immediately."

Charlotte: "Why what's wrong?"

Schwoz: "It's Ray. He's not responding. You have to get here quickly."

Henry: "We're on our way." (Closes the watch) "Piper, you gotta stay here to help mom keep dad from going to the park."

Piper: "Your father is a grown man."

Henry: "Yeah, kinda, but still. . . Mom can't keep him here on her own. You have to stay and see to it that he doesn't leave."

Piper: "How do you even know he's gonna leave for the park?"

Henry: "Because he lost his credit card in the playground."

Piper: (frowns) "But I wanna help. You're not the boss of me. You can't tell me what to do."

Charlotte: "C'mon, Piper, we'll keep you updated. Just stay here and keep us updated on any new information you get."

Piper: (sighs in defeat) "Alright. I'll stay."

Henry: (stutters) "B-B-But I asked you to first. . . and Charlotte just—"

Jasper: (pulls Henry) "Come on."

(Piper sighs as they all exit. Her father comes running down the stairs with her mother chasing behind him)

Mr Hart: "I wanna go to the park."

Mrs Hart: "No, it's dangerous. You have to stay here with us where no one will be harmed in any way."

Mr Hart: "But I dropped my credit card in the playground sand, and I have to go find it."

Mrs Hart: "Forget about that stupid credit card."

Piper: "Dad, you can't go to the park."

Mr Hart: "Why does everyone want me to stay home? I have to get my credit card back."

Piper: "You can't go because of what's happened to Captain Man a week ago."

Mr Hart: "Captain Man? What happened to him?"

Piper: (taps on her phone screen then stretches it towards her father) "Here, come take a look at this."

Mr Hart: (reluctantly steps forward) "Okayyyy!"

(Mary and Trent are on the news speaking about Captain Man's tragic incident)

Mary: "The people of Swellview are devastated as our very own Captain Man has gone into a sleeping coma after pricking his Man hands on a thorn from a certain rose bush in Swellview park last week."

Trent: "Sources say that the rose bush which no one had ever seen before suddenly disappeared after this tragic incident. We still have no word on the wellbeing of Captain Man, and also no statement has been made by Kid Danger addressing the case either."

Mary: "Kid Danger is also yet to capture the culprit that planted the rose bush in Swellview Park."

Trent: "The Mayor of Swellview has ordered everyone to stay away from the park as long as this culprit has not been apprehended."

Mary: "Captain Man is in a sleeping coma." (turns to look at Trent) "This is a tragic incident, Trent."

Trent: "I know Mary, but it's just not as tragic as having you as a news partner."

Mary: "That is true, Trent."

Trent: "Citizens of Swellview have laid bright red candles about town, praying for Captain Man to get well again as he hasn't woken up from his long slumber. If he doesn't wake up, then we're all doomed."

(Piper turns off the video)

Mr Hart: "So, Captain Man is in a deep sleep state?"

Piper: "Yes. Which is why no one can go to the park, until Kid Danger finds the person who planted that rose bush."

Mrs Hart: "You see? We all have to stay inside, until either Captain Man wakes up, or Kid Danger catches this bush planter."

Mr Hart: "So, you're saying I'm grounded?"

Piper: "Yes, Dad, you're grounded. Now, go upstairs to your room." (Points toward the stairs)

Mr Hart: (mumbles as he proceeds to leave) "All I wanted was my credit card back."

Piper: (smiling) "It feels so good to ground my own parent."

(Scene closes, and open theme plays)