The Painting Thief 1

(In Henry's house, Charlotte and Henry are in the kitchen,  talking about a famous artist. Jasper walks in and stands behind Charlotte)

Henry: "Yeah, like he's super talented and his art is, like, the coolest thing in the whole world."

Charlotte: "He's probably the biggest inspiration for upcoming artists out there."

Jasper: "Who is?"

Charlotte: (Yelps in shock) "Jasper!"

Jasper: "No way! I'm the biggest inspiration for upcoming artists out there." (Smiles satisfactorily to himself) "I've always been special."

Henry: "Dude, we're talking about Cole Collins."

Jasper: (Frowns) "Who's Cole Collins?"

Charlotte: "Only, like, the world's most famous artist."

Jasper: "How come I never heard of him?"

Henry: (Sips from his drink) "We don't know!"

Charlotte: "He's done like two press conferences in Swellview in the past and Henry and I have been to both. You were too busy bucketeering to join us."

Jasper: (Sighs) "Those were the good old days."

Henry: "But seriously, how have you never heard of Cole Collins?"

Jasper: (shrugs) "I don't know. Although, I might've seen most of his works."

Charlotte: "His paintings are top tier. He painted the Shelby Marisa."

Jasper: (Blinks) "The what?"

Henry: "The Shelby Marisa, like the Mona Lisa, but with blonde hair."

Jasper: "Whoa. That's cool."

Henry: "Yeah, he also painted the Soaring Roach!"

Jasper: "What's that now?"

Charlotte: (Pulls out her phone and shows Jasper a picture) "It's like a giant flying cockroach with blue wings."

Jasper: (Peers at the image) "why does the Soaring Roach look like Jack Frittleman?"

(Piper comes in and begins to hurriedly search for something.)

Charlotte: "Oh, hey Piper."

Piper: (Yells) "I can't talk now!"

Charlotte: "Whoa, whoa! What's up with you?"

Piper: (Still searching) "I'm looking for my dad's car keys."

Henry: "What do you need dad's keys for?"

Piper: (Stops and looks at Henry) "To open the bathroom door with."

Henry: (sighs) "clCome on, why do you need it?"

Piper: "Cole Collins is right here in Swellview, and there's gonna be this massive art exhibit in the next two hours."

(Charlotte and Henry gasp in surprise)

Charlotte: "Are you serious? Cole Collins is in Swellview?"

Henry: "Why is he here?"

Jasper: "Oh, I heard about that exhibit like two days ago. It says that Cole Collins will be looking at all the submitted art work of young artists in  Swellview and only the best painting gets his signature on it. The winner also gets to have dinner with him."

(They stare at him)

Henry: "Dude?!"

Jasper: (Stares obliviously at Henry and Charlotte.) "What?"

Charlotte: "You had that information the whole time—"

Henry: "And yet you said you didn't know who Cole Collins was."

Jasper: "Oh, I seriously thought it was a different Cole Collins."

(They groan in frustration)

Charlotte: "Piper, can you take me with you to the exhibit? I kinda have a piece to submit."

Henry: "Me too, I wanna come."

Piper: "Fine, but first you gotta help me find my dad's car keys." (Goes back to searching)

Jasper: "Oh, the keys are right over there on the table!" (Points at the dining. Again, they all stare at him.)

Henry: "Dude?"

Jasper: "What?"

Piper: (Rushes over to pick up the keys) "You knew where the keys were the whole time and yet you didn't say anything."

Jasper: "I seriously thought they were a different car keys."

(They all groan and the scene closes. The open theme plays)