The Rep-Watch Craze 4

(Captain Man and Kid Danger are in the lair of the Time Jerker which is now bigger than it used to be.)

Captain Man: "Those weights won't even move two inches off the ground."

Kid Danger: (with wide eyes) "We're not gonna do this now, Ray, okay? Enough about those stupid weights so we can focus on catching the Time Jerker before he does something worse."

Captain Man: (grumbles) "Can't you see the whole place is empty? He's not here. Just like I predicted."

Kid Danger: "Dude, you predicted nothing!"

Captain Man: "Yes, I did. In my mind, three minutes ago."

Kid Danger: "Well I don't know if you've ever noticed, but I don't read minds, Ray. And this place being empty doesn't feel right. The Time Jerker has got to be here."

Captain Man: "He's not. So can we go back to the Man Cave now so I can catch up with my appointments?"

Kid Danger: (agitated) "You don't have any appointments, man."

Captain Man: "I do too. And it's very important. You've never had any appointments before so you couldn't possibly understand what I'm talking—"

Kid Danger: "Oh, I've never had an appointment before? I've had lots of appointments, Ray."

Captain Man: "Oh yeah, let's hear them then."

Kid Danger: "I've had appointments with the dentist, the doctor and you because I basically have to leave my house and get down to the Man Cave whenever you beep me."

Captain Man: "Those are all unimportant appointments."

Kid Danger: "And how exactly is lifting weights important? Hmm?"

(The two begin to argue and do not notice the Time Jerker and his thugs walk in from behind them. The Time Jerker pulls a level and a beam encloses Captain Man and Kid Danger, but they barely realize it)

Time Jerker: (clears throat) "Ergh ehm!"

Captain Man: "So, that one time when lives were in slight danger cannot be compared to lifting weights that weigh two tonnes."

Kid Danger: "Ohh, so you're trying to say the people of Swellview are useless and my effort was unimportant? I was in the middle of a test, okay? That's important. It involves my future."

Time Jerker: (irritated) "Ergh erm!"

Captain Man: "I never took any tests, but look how great my life is. Tests are not as important as weights are."

Kid Danger: "You've been working out for over two weeks now and your arms still look about the size of two baguettes."

Captain Man: (gasps loudly) "Did you just say that to me?"

Kid Danger: "Yes, I did because you're being very childish when the life of hundreds of people in Swellview are at stake, again. If we don't stop the Time Jerker before it's too late, he'll probably pull off a time heist and we wouldn't realize it."

Time Jerker: "The thing is. . ."

(Captain Man and Kid Danger turn to face him, startled by his presence)

Time Jerker: "You're already too late."

Captain Man: "It's you." (To Kid Danger) "I told you he was in here."

Kid Danger: (flabbergasted) "Dude. You literally suggested that we go back and now he's snuck right past us and by the way. . . (to the Time Jerker) How did you sneak right past us?"

Time Jerker: "You two need to go for some kind of office therapy or something. And I didn't have to sneak past, you were already too distracted by your own jabbering. It makes me laugh whenever superheroes don't get along with their sidekicks."

Captain Man: (In his over exaggerated masculine tone) "The only place you're gonna be laughing from is jail."

(Captain Man charges and collides with the beam which sends him flying backwards in a hard fall)

Kid Danger: (goes over to help Captain Man stand) "You okay, man?"

Captain Man: (Disoriented) "I think he put up an invisible trampoline over there."

Time Jerker: (chuckles) "It's not an invisible trampoline, Captain Man. I call it a Time Limit."

Kid Danger: "Hmmm?"

Time Jerker: "I call it a Time Limit."

Kid Danger: "What's a time limit?"

Time Jerker: "One of my newest inventions. It has the power to trap someone during a period of time and never let them exit until I want them to."

Kid Danger: "How and when did you trap us in here?"

Time Jerker: "Oh, you were too busy making a point on how important tests are to notice."

Captain Man: (staggers to his feet) "You made those stupid watches. You make people say things twice. Those are the stupidest things anyone could ever do."

Time Jerker: "Maybe I did all of that, but you still fail to see the bigger picture in these "stupid" things that I've done."

Kid Danger: (dryly) "Please tell us what the bigger picture is."

Time Jerker: (Signals to one of his thugs who rips off a black tarp off a huge machine that looks like a giant clock) "Behold!"

(Scene closes)