The Painting Thief 4

(Back at the Man Cave, Charlotte stares at Ray and Henry as they talk over each other, explaining what happened at the exhibit)

Charlotte: (Gestures) "Whoa, whoa, wait! You mean to tell me that you two spent half an hour at the exhibit and came back without my painting, or the thief?"

Ray and Henry: (stares at each other) "Yeah. I guess! That's pretty much it!"

Charlotte: (Yells) "How can you be so irresponsible?"

Henry: "Is that even a question, Charlotte?"

Ray: "You're not even thankful that we got to meet Cole Collins. You should be thankful."

Charlotte: "Why should i be thankful? I didn't get to meet Cole."

Ray: "At least, one of us did. Now, quit whining."

Charlotte: (Sighs) "You guys were supposed to bring back my painting, but you got all caught up in your silly arguments again and ruined my chances of having dinner with Cole."

Ray: (Chuckles) "Relax, it's not like it would've worked out anyway. Cole is like super good looking and definitely not your type, I mean look at you."

Charlotte: "Excuse me?"

Henry: "Charlotte, just calm down. We're gonna get your painting back."

Charlotte: "When? Cole Collins will be leaving Swellview tomorrow."

Ray: "Relax, okay. All we have to do is. . ."

(Schwoz, Piper and Jasper walk out of the elevator laughing and carrying large frames covered in white fabric)

Jasper: "His face was, like, seriously hilarious."

Piper: "And what kinda dumb idiot steals stuff and puts them online?"

Schwoz: "I know right! He made it too easy."

Ray: "Hey, hey, hey. What's with all the chitter chatter?"

Jasper: "We got Charlotte's painting back."

Charlotte: (Gasps) "No way!" (Goes over to pull off the white fabric and picks up the painting) "How did you get this back?"

Piper: "We caught the painting thief! Dumb dude put the paintings online for sale!"

Henry: "He did?"

Jasper: "Yeah, he saw that announcement Kid Danger did on live television that he and Captain Man were looking for the painting thief, so he decided to put them up for sale."

Schwoz: "He probably felt that meeting up with buyers in person was too risky."

Piper: "After he put up these bad boys, we clicked on as potential buyers looking to get all six Cole Collins painting and one more from the unknown citizen of Swellview."

Jasper: "And then we got all of Cole's paintings and Charlotte's as well. Easy peezy!"

Henry: "Whoa! That is sick."

Ray: "Wait, hold on. You guys did my job. I'm the superhero here, I was the one that was supposed to catch the painting thief."

Charlotte: "Is that jealousy I hear, Ray?"

Piper: "Dude, calm down. We haven't told you the best part yet."

Ray: "What's the best part?"

Schwoz: "We didn't give the paintings back to Cole!"

Henry: "Wait, why not?"

Piper: "Duh, they're expensive. Do you know how much it'd cost to get one of these? Even Captain Man wouldn't be able to afford one."

Captain Man: "Excuse me?"

Henry: "So, you basically stole the stolen paintings from the painting thief?"

Piper: "We did!"

Jasper: "Sure thing!"

Schwoz: "Yeas!"

Henry: "This is seriously sick! What about the dude? Where's he now?"

Jasper: "You mean Octavius? We called the Swellview police on him right after we got the paintings back." (Laughs and Piper joins in with Schwoz)

Charlotte: "His name is Octavius?"

Piper: "Yeah, his real name is Emmett, but, like, his thieving identity is Octavius."

Ray: "Alright enough about Octavius Emmett. Who gets the paintings? I want those paintings."

Piper: "We. . . hadn't decided that yet, but now that you mention it – $300 for each one."

Ray: "What?"

Charlotte: (Goes over to stand next to Piper and crosses her arms) "Yeah, Ray. $300 per painting."

Ray: "That's not fair."

Henry: "Come, on Ray. It's not like we caught the painting thief and got the paintings back."

Ray: "Yeah, we didn't, but. . . but. . . but–"

Charlotte: "Why don't we do it this way? If you can tell me my last name, you get to keep. . ." (Picks up a frame, looks at it then shrugs) "The Superhero Tower."

(Everyone ooohs and watches Ray stutter while trying to recall Charlotte's last name. Hours later, he is still angrily pacing about muttering different names)

Jasper: "I hate to see him that way you know. We should probably tell him."

Charlotte: "Yeah, not really."

Schwoz: "Ah, let him be!"

Piper: "How long until he stops doing that?"

Henry: "Don't know, but we can pop bubble wraps, until he does."

Piper: (Yells enthusiastically) "Bubble party!"

(Scene closes. The end)

Quick question!

What IS Charlotte's last name?

🤔