The Rep-Watch Craze 3

(In the Man Cave. Schwoz has Jasper on a stretcher attached to tons of wires and equipment. Ray, Henry and Charlotte watch nervously as Schwoz examines Jasper)

Ray: (agonized) "You've been buzzing that thing around Jasper for like 30 seconds. I'm getting impatient."

Henry: (Attempts to speak then keeps shut)

Schwoz: (sighs) "Ray, can you please keep quiet and let me work? I have to find out why Yasper passed out!"

Ray: "Well, hurry up with it. I don't have all day."

Schwoz: (raises his brow questioningly) "what else do you have to do today?"

Ray: (stutters) "I've got appointments to attend to and other stuff."

Henry: "You're talking about lifting those stupid weights, aren't you? You're talking about lifting those stupid weights, aren't you?"

Ray: (screams) "I'm gonna lift them. And they aren't stupid."

Schwoz: (exclaims)  "Aiiii!"

Henry: "What? What?"

Schwoz: "I think I finally found out what made him to faint."

(Everyone rushes to Schwoz, but Ray sits back)

Ray: (less enthusiastically) "Oh, great. Go ahead and tell us."

Schwoz: "Okay, you know how those watches clamp on your skin so tight when you wear them?"

Henry: "Yes? Yes?"

Schwoz: "I found out that the body spray inside those watches releases a form of soporific liquid into the body and it put Jasper to sleep."

Henry: "Soporific? Soporific?"

Schwoz: "It means stuff that induces—"

Charlotte: (frowns and interrupts) "Schwoz, why haven't you repeated yourself ever since? Schwoz, why haven't you repeated yourself ever since?"

Schwoz: (laughs nervously) "I was getting to that! See, there's some kind of complicated mechanism that makes the watch function. Not only does it tell multiple times from different time zones, it also emits dangerous radiations that makes the wearer become slightly amnesiac without realizing it."

(Henry and Charlotte share a look then quickly take off their watches and throws them away)

Henry: "But we realized we say things twice? (repeats himself)

Schwoz: "We did and I don't know how."

Henry: "Okay, so how did you make yourself stop? Okay, so how. . ."

(Schwoz suddenly clamps a beeping device on Henry's temple and a shudder goes through him for a brief moment)

Henry: "Whoa, Schwoz. What was that? A taser button?" (Realizes he hasn't repeated himself) "Hey, I'm not saying stuff over and over. This is genius. Give one to Charlotte too."

(Schwoz clamps another device on Charlotte and she shudders)

Charlotte: "That felt weird. What do these things do?"

Schwoz: "I created those buttons to block off the radiation that goes through to your brain so you won't forget you've said something and say it again."

Henry: "Who would do a thing like this and then sell it all over Swellview?"

Schwoz: "Whoever they are, they know that people get irritated when they have to repeat themselves and that's why they inputted the sedative. The moment Jasper tried to stop himself from repeating, he went night night."

Charlotte: "I have a feeling this Rep-Watch creator is right here in Swellview."

Henry: "Then, we better find them before they either put the whole town to sleep or plague them with amnesia. Ray?"

(Everyone turns and finds Ray desperately trying to lift the weights amidst frustrated groans and yells. Henry slaps his forehead, Charlotte rolls her eyes and Schwoz just laughs)

Henry: "Ray, come on man, you gotta stop. We have a big problem on our hands."

Ray: (Pants) "You mock me! I'm the one who's got a big problem on my hands."

Charlotte: "Schwoz found out what's happening, but we need to find the person behind it, and we think they're right here in Swellview."

Ray: (briefly puts down the weights whilst sweating profusely) "Fine, but when we get back, I'm lifting these once and for all."

Henry: "I can deal with that." (walks over to Ray) "Now, what clues do we have to help us find the culprit?"

Charlotte: "I think it's pretty obvious."

Henry: "What's pretty obvious?"

Charlotte: "Who the culprit is, it's pretty obvious. What criminal in Swellview loves to make stupid puns about time and would sell wrist watches?"

Henry and Ray: (Gasps) "The Time Jerker!"

(Charlotte nods affirmatively and the scene closes)