Laura

📚

As we step out the warm jet Nicholas stretches his hand out for me to take, I waste mo time in taking it as I climb down the small steps with my heels.

"Welcome to Paris princess" Max says passing by me and to a car that has just pulled up.

"You look stunning Amore" I roll my eyes at his comment, he's been saying that the whole flight for an hour.

"You want me to give you an actual reason to roll your eyes Mia?"

I clear my throat as his words catch me off guard "sweet and charming one second, Nicholas Bane the next" I say walking towards the car with my hand in Nicholas's.

"I'm just saying love, because I wouldn't mind helping"

"Oooo help with what because count me in" Max chimes in.

I can't contain the laughter that has just escaped me and Nicholas at very same time.

"What?" he says confused as ever.

"Oh Max" I sigh as we sit in the car.

"Wait what did I miss?" he's like a little lost puppy right now. When we don't answer he shuts the door and gets into the passengers seat, I look over to Nicholas who has a gleaming smile set on his face. I lean into him setting my hand on his leg rubbing it up and down as we drive off to the ball.

I know for a fact that when I finally see a bed I'm jumping in and never getting out, I'm beyond exhausted.

Start song now 🎧 ^^^

Nicholas steps out first taking my hand in his as I follow. The warm breeze flows past us as the sun sets to my right and for just a moment I feel like it's the middle of summer, God I wish time just froze right now.

"The palace of Versailles? seriously, who the hell is this guy throwing balls in places like this" it's honestly annoying me and I don't even know why, I hate rich men, except for Nicholas because this mf is richer than God.

"Douchbag" Max chimes in standing to my left.

"Ready love?" I nod and begin our walk down the red carpet leading up to the massive building, it's breathtaking there's no way of denying that. The people walking have stopped completely to part a way for us to walk by without pause, I won't say that didn't feel nice because it sure did, nothing worse than waiting in a long cue.

Normally I hate attention and in a big way I still do but as they lean into their partners to whisper their little opinions it sort of makes me smile. Everthing with these two is so much better and less scary that I could care less if their judgy little eyes have traced over me more times than I have in my whole life.

"I don't blame them one bit for staring" Nicholas says walking.

"I do, especially grandma at the front who has actually taken out her glasses to get a better look"

"Looks like you have competition" he glances down smiling.

I raise an eyebrow smiling "whatever will I do"

"Okay remember, she'll be wearing all black and as for Rayan I have no idea, my sources couldn't pin point that" Max interrupts turning this a lot more serious.

"And what's the game plan?" Nicholas asks.

"Shoot to kill" they each nod as I say it without a doubt in their face, it's scary how if I said this to someone with a normal life they'd call me bat shit crazy and have police on speed dial but as I walk in-between Max and Nicholas there's nothing but confidence and focus pouring out of them. It's enough to fuel yourself just by looking at them.