Lust

📚

I think we're in his room now, it's a wide spaces two floors room. A chandeliers hangs in the centre of the high ceiling and it's then that I realise how beautiful the cleaning really is, I lean further into the mattress probably looking like a whole idiot right now but the carvings are nothing I've ever seen before, or at least not in person. His shuffling bring me back to him, I watch carefully as he gets the things he needs to fix my leg. His dark hair sits perfectly on his head as if he didn't just pick up a guy snapping him in half. He's wearing that suit again with his white sleeves rolled up showing of his tanned skin, a couple lines from his tattoos are peaking just at the very edge and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pay to see what they are.

"Careful, your mouths watering" he says as he stares down at the bandages without once looking over his shoulder, douche bag.

"I don't know what you're talking about" no yeah because that was believable Jesus fucking Christ.

"Mhm" he mumbles, finally spinning around towards me. He sits down taking me leg gently resting it on-top his lap. His hands softly skims the top of my thigh taking another look at the cut. I can't help but feel hot. Every part of my body is reacting to his every movement, every touch, every look, it's frustrating.

"He got you pretty good" his eyes glance towards mine "you're gonna wanna hold onto something, I'd give you a drink but if sober you drives me crazy then I'd like to never know the drunk version of Mia"

"Drunk me would probably try and kill you"

"You could always try that sober Miss Evars, who knows how that would end" he smiles, not in a way that annoys me surprisingly but it does do something else "hatred can quickly become quite fun"

"Fun?"

He nods and I understand exactly what he means, though still, I'd never let myself fall that far. Feeling come and go, by the time Donte comes back it'll be over before I know it.
He smiles getting back to my leg, pouring the clear liquid straight onto the open cut. The pain is insane of course but after years of it you kinda learn how to look past it, focus on something else. Don't get me wrong you still feel it but it's more like the pain is covered by a cloudy sheet, you can't see it clearly but you know it's there.

"Consider me impressed"

"Do I need stitches" Inignore his comment not wanting to make him think I'm interested in what he thinks.

He wipes away the extra blood that came out before looking back up to me "looks like it" his thumb begins to rub slow circles on my inner thigh keeping his green eyes persistently on mine, I know what he's doing and the annoying part is it's slightly working.

"Hey so all the guys are-" some guy walks in talking, his pace comes to a sudden stop when he seems me with Nicholas, in-between my legs. The guy is tall, handsome even, eyes the color of the literally sky but with hair as dark as it gets, weird mix "my bad Bane didn't know you were busy" he smiles looking down.

Nicholas looks pissed off but not as pissed as he was before "it's alright Max"

Max looks up smiling at him before looking over at me "hello Mia"

Before I can reply Nicholas interrupts "cancel it I'm not finished"

"Oh no it's fine I can stitch it myself" I need him to leave anyway. This only makes him look at me and if looks could kill I'd be more than dead.

"Nicholas I'm not five, I know how to take care of myself, go"

He tightens his grip on my leg making my breath hitch, one minute he's gentle the next he's a complete asshole "Kill every man on watch today and replace them by morning, anyone late can get a bullet in their heads too"

Max doesn't look in the least surprised "you got it, nice meeting you Mia" he smirks looking over to Nicholas once more before he spins out the door, the fuck was that about.

"So you're just going to kill them all?"

"You have a problem with that?"

He begins stitching my leg, it's such an annoying and nagging feeling, one that makes me want to grind my teeth together.

"Normally I would say no but in this case I don't wanna be responsible for the death of thirteen men"

He stops stitching looking back at me
"Sixteen, and they're not dying because of you, they're dying because they let this happen" he looks away getting back to my leg "there's a difference"

"I didnt die Nicholas"

"No but you could've and that's not how my men operate, they should've been on your floor at all times but instead decided to do the exact opposite of what they were told" he sighs as he finishes the last stitch tying a knot at the end "so, they're not dying because of you, don't worry" his brows furrow in confusion as he traces his thumb across an old scar of mine. I don't have to look to know which one he's wondering about.

"What?" I ask, still wanting to know what he's thinking about either way.

"How'd you get it" he brushes his thumb over it again making me think of the memory that comes with it.

"I tripped" I lie.

"Must've been some trip"

"A big one" I lie more, he doesn't stare at me with pity or like I'll break if he asks more, instead, he looks at me with full admiration. It's a new one for me.

"You'll stay with me for the night"

Ummm huh...

"Don't bother arguing, my doors are bolted shut and my windows don't open without a key, if you wanna try and run, be my guest"

"I could just kill you when you fall asleep"

He rubs his hand over his stubbled jaw before standing up and picking me up so that I'm higher up on the bed. My breath stops as he leans over me with his hand on my waist with the other holding one of my arms above my head. If he moved any closer our lips would most definitely touch so I stay as still as possible.

"I really hope you try, because at this point you're just teasing" he moves in closer and I lose all my senses as his lips brush past mine landing on my cheek, they're so soft, shut up Mia oh my god. The moments doesn't last as long as I wanted it to, but then again none of them do in my life. I hear a pair of handcuffs snap shut and as soon as he pulls back away I realize what he done.

"You piece of shit" I pull on them with a hopeful chance they'll simply snap but of course they don't.

He just chuckles picking up his black jacket completing his suit look.

"Nicholas" I warn but he doesn't turn around, he walks out and I hear the door lock after him, "fuck" I burry myself deeper into the bed if that's possible from embarrassment and stupidity.

Fuck you Nicholas Bane.

~ Max ~