Cake

📚

I stir awake, smelling sweet cinnamon and washed sheets. Nothing like the gym, the smell of sweat quickly settles in and before you know it your basically immune to the stench. When my eyes does open I'm in a whole different world. There's a window that stretches as long a the wall, long curtains sit on either side neatly tucked away. I'm in a bed that feels like clouds and a room the size of the gym and our apartment put together ..... where the fuck am I.

The double doors open and Nicholas walks in holding what seems to be an ice pack "you're awake, good" he says ever so calmly, the complete opposite of what I'm feeling.

I groan as the throbbing in my hand seems to be spreading all over the rest of my arm "where are we?"

"Far from home" he hands me a ice pack and I take it cautiously. I don't know what he could possibly do with an ice pack but I bet he would still manage to do whatever it is he wanted.

"Where's Donte?"

"Gone"

I nearly jump out of my own skin at just that
"What do you mean gone?" I look at him and see no emotions whatsoever in his eyes.

"He'll be back in three weeks or so" he says playing with my knife, fully invested in it.

"Well where did he go? He didn't even say anything"

"He did come see you, you were just... passed out"

"Where is he Nicholas?"

He doesn't say anything, just stares in full amusement.

"Are you deaf I said where is he!" I stand up off the bed making him put down my knife that he was playing with, he doesn't move though, as if I won't actually walk out, idiot, so I walk out.

"Mia"

I stop mid way of reaching for the handle, I like it when he says my name. It sounds different, not like how everyone else says it. Others say it with such burden that it looks like their mouths might break, but with him, it's different.

"You won't even be able to open the door half way before you're back on that bed"

We'll see about that, I yank the door open but he was right, it didn't even open half way before I was tossed into the air and back onto the bed.

"As I said"

I breath out pushing the now messed up covers off my body. I get up again, the audacity in the prick is remarkable really. I didn't even feel him coming up to me.

"I'm leaving" I state.

"Be my guest" he says gesturing to the door but it's more of a dare to try again, guess he doesn't really know me then does he "but if you take one more step I'll break both your legs"

I stop moving and face him, he's smiling with satisfaction written all over his stupid face and I would love nothing more than to wipe it clean for him if I got the chance.

"Aww don't look so sad Amore" he stands up from leaning onto the night stand table walking towards me, with each step he takes it's like he keeps growing bigger and bigger, or maybe I'm imagining it.

As he stand hovering over me I came to the conclusion that he's just that big, okay so I'm slightly fucked.

"We'll have so much fun while the old mans away, I'm sure of it" he almost whispers as he takes this moment to look at every inch of me, as if he was seeing me for the first time, I guess him trying to kill me right of the bat interrupted our fucking meeting. I don't know what it is about him but he manages to infuriate me without even trying.

I look up, meeting his set gaze "I highly fucking doubt it"

"Language Amore language" he tuts shaking his head at me, both of us stay weirdly still and it's clear that this isn't supposed to be happening, even though it's an innocent act, it's one that just can't be shared. From an outsider perspective it looks ordinary, but what I feel is a lot more complicated than that word.

"I hate you" I manage to mutter but he nears closer at this.

"Hate" he smiles "such a blurry line to stand on don't you think?" His fingers graze my chin, swirling closer to my lips but I slap it away before that could happen.

"Not to me"

He just smiles at me, holding me still with his eyes as if there were so much more he wanted to say to me "ice your hand, I'll be back soon" he calmly utters but it's more of a demand rather than an option, he turns away walking to the door leaving his scent trailing behind him. It's honestly addicting, but fuck him if he thinks I'll be here when he's back.

"Of course, I'll make sure to bake you a cake whilst I wait"

I hear him chuckle right as the door closes behind him.

Now I just need to find a way out from the 20th floor of a hotel with guards probably posted at each exit and entrance, reinforced doors, cameras and oh did I mention a very annoying Nicholas Bane.

Easy work,

If I had fucking powers.