Tired

📚

Even though we've been sat in this car for what feels like days, I've managed to spend every waking second thinking about what happened back at that restaurant. The blood pooling out from him, covering him whole like a jacket of its own all at the same time wrapping itself around me. I can't shake it, I can't shake his short breaths and limp body from my mind, I can still feel his body blindly letting me move him in any direction with no argument.

How can someone who powerful, so full of life just seep to exist so fast, I don't get it. Max has been looking over at me as he drives like I'll jump out this car and run and I won't lie that thought has crossed my mind once or twice now, but the thought of running again only for him to get away after doing what he did to the people I've grown to adore- I would never forgive myself. So the door stays locked at my side and I force myself to think about Rayan, the original plan was to explode this whole building with everyone inside it. Of course that quickly came to change after finding out it's a refuge centre for the homeless, he's always been a coward so it's no surprise he's nestled himself with innocent people as his shield.

"It's right over this hill" Max's voice breaks the silence in the car and it feels wrong, it's been so quiet that I fear he's broken some rule of no speaking.

"We should stop before that so we can go over everthing" this time Sam speaks and I find that I forgot we brought an addition of two new people with us, Sam and Rio are twins, identical in every way except their methods. Rio seems to really be into explosives and seeing as I brought a whole granade launcher with me he's been more than eager to get his hands on it.

"Mia?" Max mumbles as if I make the final call, I nod though and he stops the car inches away from making it over the small hill. We all step out, some stop to stretch but eventually we all manage to make a small circle of a sort.

"Alright come on, the suns setting and we really don't want to hang till that late so huddle up" everyone listens to Max, zoning in with no problem "I'll take the back exit, there's just one door so it shouldn't too much of a hassle. Rio and Sam your jobs to scope out an empty room Mia can shoot the granade in. I don't want one person getting injured do you hear me?"

They both nod, Rio more reluctant but I don't he'd ever go against Max.

I sigh finishing the rest "Ray you'll take this hill"

"The hill?" Max asks.

"I know that wasn't originally the plan but if anyone decided to join the party, this hill is our blind spot. Having Ray here can be more than an advantage, plus he's got a sniper so he's long range as it is"

He nods looking at Ray who to my surprise agrees with me.

"But go more into the woods, I don't need you getting run over"

Ray smirks signing to Max "he said you don't need to pretend not to want him dead"

"You're the one with the issue Ray, not me"

He scoffs walking off to the trunk of the car without another glance. I on the other hand take a deep breath turning to the sinking sun, it's all so orange, everything looks like it has a filter over it and if times were different I'd be stuck in awe, all I can think of now is how many more people have to risk their lives to kill that piece of shit.