Bye bye America

📚

I wake up with someone's killer grip around my whole waist, I stopped panicking the second a very familiar scent filled my lungs.

"Are you okay?" he asks "your heart just went crazy there"

"How-"

"We need to get you breakfast" he untangles himself from me and I hated every second of it. The sudden rush of anger is hard to swallow, they way I felt more than empty when his skin left mine isn't what I need, and it's definitely not what Donte trained me to even dream about. He stands up and that's when I realise he's been up for a while, I mean here I am barely blinking properly let alone standing up and then there him, I can feel his eyes trailing over me as I'm deep in my head but I'm ignore it, it's bad enough I've slept in the same bed as him I don't need a morning chit chat too.

"What's with the frown"

I stand up looking anywhere but at him "nothing, just a hangover that's all" I smile walking past him towards the door.

"I know you're lying"

"And what about it" I spin around finally facing him but he just stares with full amusement.

"You're not drunk anymore Mia be careful"

"Consider me terrified" I know I'm being annoying but with last night happening and him knowing the amount that he knows, it's not good. I blame it all on the alcohol.

"If there is something on your mind tell me, talk to me, but don't be mad at me when I don't know what I need to fix" he's being reasonable and how can I be mad at that.

"I'm sorry" I sigh moving the hair from my face "it's honestly just me, I don't know why I'm taking it out on you just forget about it"

"Mia, if somethings bothering you then it's automatically bothering me"

I don't say anything.

"Mia what the hell are you doing in here" Max comes in laughing but that quickly fades away when he see's I'm not alone "oh shi- morning boss" at least he got me out of this situation.

"Max" he nods his head.

"Right, well i gotta go and pick up some pills so I'll catch you both later then" I smile awkwardly at the tension in the room, I walk out before any of them could say a word.

Once I reach Larry's door its already cracked open, weird, i remember shutting it after I left. I walk in quietly and a slight relief washes over as he stands near a bunch of boiling pans cooking something.

"Morning"

"FUCK" he screams in utter fear and I can't stop my laugh from coming out, the high screech carries on replying through my head and I can't stop it. He on the other hand gives me a shut up look but I can't stop "you can't just sneak up on people like that especially trained ones like me"

I was just about to be done laughing but him saying that didn't help "I'm so sorry I'm done I swear it's just-" I laugh again making him spin around from the pots, this time fully waiting for me to quite the chuckles "okay I'm done" I raise my hands wiping the tears that escaped.

"You missed your pick up yesterday" he rolls his eyes, getting back to his little cooking moment he's got going on.

"No I didn't"

He spins around carrying the pot of noodles toward the tables he's already set, to my surprise he actually offers me some but the hangover says no no so I shake my head "suit yourself I make the best pot noodle ever, but yes you did, you never came to collect them"

"Larry sweetie, who do you think put you to bed last night?" I shake my head taking a seat at the table.

His head doesn't follow as his eyes peek upwards in fear "Hopefully myself..."

"No, I did, because you were swallowing that bottle like it was water"

"Ah shit" he sighs wiping his damp forehead "I hope I didn't say anything stupid"

Well...."nah don't worry you just kept rambling about weird science stuff"

"Sounds about right, also, speaking of the bottle where is it?"

Shit.

"Did I mention you called Nicholas by his first name?" I'm evil I know, but I also finished his entire bottle so...

He cough's out choking on his noodles while staring at me in complete horror. I don't know if I should help him with the choking or call the medics for a heart attack, both?

"Don't worry doc your secret's safe with me" I say with a small smile.

"Please and thanks" he utters quickly.

"Anyway how you feeling today?" I ask genuinely curious.

"Ecstatic, didn't you hear the good news, Banes business here got done quicker than any of us thought so we're heading back to England in just a couple of hours" he laughs taking another bite of his noodles "I know I said he's evil or whatever but I have to say, seeing my family months earlier than planned is enough for me to take everything back"

I feel like I've swallowed a very big rock and it's now officially lodged right in the centre of my throat with no plans on moving.

"We're going where now?"

"Are you okay?" He ask, worried slightly "didn't Bane or Max tell you?"

"The fuck I am" I get up leaving his room, there's no way in hell I'm going back there. I left that shit for a reason and I'm not about to be sucked back into it. I get into the elevator pressing straight for the lobby, I have no idea how I'm supposed to just walk out without problems but one thing I know for a fact, I'm not going back.

The elevator comes to a stop and I step out too fast to register my surroundings, Donte told me to always think and not let adrenaline guide my mind, should've listened to that because Max is standing at the lobbies front desk flirting with a worker, Banes guards stand tall by the double doors and the few others are seated by the windows reading newspapers. If I was normal nothing would stand out, they all look so casual, so friendly and yet I know damn well they would snap necks if needed.

Seeing as we're letting emotions take charge I take my chances and make my way for the door, just as I was about to take my eyes of Max his eyes do a double take before everything about him turns pale.

"Mia don't" he yells across picking up his pace towards me.

I pick up my own speed but I'm grabbed by my arm and spun into someone.

"Going somewhere are we?"

"Let go of me" I firmly say but he just softens his hold on me, yet moving is far from an option here.

"I can't do that" although he doesn't smile, his eyes do and I become stuck in place. I feel someone else's presence behind me and I can only guess it's Max, I need to get out of here.

"I wont ask again"

"You wont have to" something pokes into my arm and suddenly I feel a little too light.

"You piece- of- actual- shit-"

"Language Amore, language"

My legs give up on me but Nicholas lifts me into his arms holding me tight against him "I've got you" is the last thing I hear.