CHAPTER 3: Flace Slapping

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 3

Face Slapping

No matter what he said, Xie Yan did not react. He just kept making annotations on the script.

Meanwhile, Su Shen returned to her dressing room. Tong Le just finished getting her makeup done and when she saw Su Shen, she pulled her aside and gossiped: "I heard that the Director wanted to add a sex scene for Xie Yan. My god, I don't want my idol to be stained by Fan Meng!"

She hadn't expected news to travel so fast in the film crew, but Su Shen was rather indifferent, "It's what the market is like. What movie now doesn't have a gimmick or two."

"That's not it at all!" Tong Le shouted, agitated. She saw that the makeup artist was still packing up so she whispered, close to Su Shen's ear, "I heard someone say that Fan Meng is the producer's niece and now that she has the chance, she obviously wants to hype up a cp with Xie Yan. Later, when the sex scene comes out she'll definitely hype it up like crazy."

It was unexpected that Fan Meng was the producer's niece. Actually, her acting was one of the best among the actresses born after -85s and she'd already gotten Film Empress once. The only thing she lacked was a bit of popularity, and hyping up a cp with Xie Yan would definitely give her a lot of publicity.

"That Fan Meng has had plastic surgery on her nose and she goes overseas to get whitening shots a lot. Did you guys see her at the opening ceremony today still wearing a face mask? She definitely hasn't recovered yet." Makeup artists were obviously more than familiar with actor's faces. If they'd had plastic surgery, it was obvious once in close contact.

Tong Le couldn't stop giggling as she'd obtained another astonishing piece of gossip: "Before, when I saw her pictures on the internet I thought something was off. When the netizens said she had plastic surgery she wouldn't even admit it. She actually looks alright, why would she go get surgery."

"What would you young girls know." The makeup artist said knowingly, "Obviously in the entertainment industry, the more beautiful the better. Everybody wants to be perfect. Not to mention plastic surgery is addicting, once you get it done once you want to do it again. Take my advice though, don't get plastic surgery on your face in the future, not even injections, otherwise there will be side effects."

"Ah, I wanted to get epicanthoplasty too. Nevermind, I won't get it done." Tong Le patted her face with lingering fear.

epicanthoplasty - eye-slit surgery, reshapes the inner corners of the eyes to make the eyes appear bigger and brighter

She turned and saw that Su Shen was still reading the script, and couldn't help staring at her blankly: "People like Su Shen are blessed by her ancestors. Basically flawless from all 360 degrees, her hairline especially is just too perfect. My hairline is so high, I'm almost balding."

Su Shen smiled and didn't speak. Seeing that Tong Le was still chattering to the makeup artist about health maintenance, she waited for a while then went out to start filming.

This scene was one where the third female supporting character looked back on her past with the male lead. At the time, the character wanted to marry the male lead, but her father wouldn't agree, and even wanted to marry her off to another man from the village.

They were going the film the third female supporting character and the male lead trying to persuade the father. The character would then be slapped in the face by her father and the male lead would be chased out with a broom. Due to the big conflict in the scene, even a little delay in reaction would result in the whole scene needing to be filmed again.