CHAPTER 22: Ripped Dress

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 22:

Ripped Dress

"It's fine, this is nothing. Look at those who're walking the sexy image route, you already look very reserved." The makeup artist said in laughter while drawing her eyebrows.

It wasn't that Su Shen didn't find it unacceptable to reveal a shoulder but she was afraid that there might be a wardrobe malfunction later since the dress was so long. Moreover, the press conference might have a game or whatever so it would definitely be inconvenient when the time came.

It was not like there weren't any reserved female artists in the entertainment industry but most of them had a strong backing. The makeup artist seemed to understand her worries and kindly explained, "I'll part your hair in the middle and make some loose waves for you later. Your hair is long so it can cover your shoulders. Just that, remember to use your hand to cover your chest whenever you move too much. When you're sitting under the stage, you can use a shawl to cover up. The interview on stage is only a few minutes so it should be okay."

The makeup artist was quite considerate. Su Shen no longer worried as she was right, she was just a supporting role. For interviews, the MC would just interview the leading roles and a supporting role like her wouldn't even get a few minutes.

The press conference was at 2 PM and Liu jie hit the nail on the head as there's now a traffic jam downtown. They were stuck for a good half an hour and by the time they arrived at the press conference venue, it was already 1:40 PM.

After entering the venue, she didn't even have the time to go backstage to touch up a little as the media company that arranged an interview started looking for her.

This was a showbiz news site which was fairly well-known in the industry. Liu jie agreed to their exclusive interview so they could establish a good relationship with them. After all, the more connections the better in this industry.

When she arrived backstage and sat down, the makeup artist that followed along helped her to arrange the train of her dress and gave her a shawl in the colors of autumn.

After the position of the camera was adjusted, the female reporter asked her if they could start. Su Shen then gave an "Ok" sign.

As soon as the camera started rolling, she held the microphone and said with a smile facing directly at the camera, "Hello everyone on Pear Entertainment, I'm Su Shen."

The female reporter looked at the script and said fervently, "Su Shen's so pretty today. You're so in shape, do you sometimes go on a diet?"

"En, I do. But I'm quite lucky, even if I gained weight it's not a lot. But my manager still tells me not to eat too much, I still occasionally indulge myself though." She spoke into the microphone jokingly.

What she said was true, she was originally not chubby. But it would appear so when she's on camera so she didn't wantonly eat those high calorie things. Yet, it would be an exaggeration if she only drank water and ate cabbage everyday.

Female Reporter: "The film's official Weibo posted a trailer yesterday. Everyone said that your acting has improved, what do you think of it?"

The questions asked by the reporter were based on the current hot topics. Liu jie has shown her a list of the questions that would be asked so Su Shen was prepared.

"The trailer was quite short so there wasn't much to see. I also don't know how I performed but I think I should have improved from before." She replied unhurriedly.

Female Reporter: "Then for this role, what do you think of her character?"

Su Shen thought for a sec and continued to reply while holding the microphone, "This is a very pitiful and tragic character. She expended a lot for the male lead but she was also selfish. In her heart, there was no such thing as righteousness, she only cared about the life and death of the male lead. This was a very complicated character and I'm grateful that the director gave me the opportunity to have a try at it."