CHAPTER 9: Variety Show

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 9:

Variety Show

"Who knows what will happen before it's aired? If this disease is hard to treat, would the doctor no longer continue treating it?" Liu jie disagreed with her words, "What's more, you don't even need to do anything. Even if you don't cooperate, the production crew would still hype up the relationship between you two. This being the case, you might as well just cooperate. Why offend the production crew for this?"

"If the production crew wants to hype, then that's their business. But I'll clarify it as soon as the drama finishes airing. I refuse to actively hype." Su Shen closed her eyes and leaned against the sofa with her arms crossed. She didn't seem to want to continue arguing.

Even if this drama became popular, it had nothing to do with her. Instead, the comments would say that her acting dragged the entire drama down. Also, she had her bottomline too. For a drama that would not help her in any way, hyping a cp with Qu Wen, who didn't even refrain from womanizing his female fans that visited him on set, was the same as stepping on a pile of shit.

Entering the entertainment industry was just the career she chose but not necessarily the path she must take.

"Can you stop with your da xiao jie temper*? This is the entertainment industry!"

da xiao jie temper - girls/women who have been pampered and spoiled since childhood, willful, unreasonable and does whatever they want to do

After saying this, Liu jie took a deep breath and slowly advised, "Mu Yao's one of the Four Dan actresses* now. When she first debuted, she also relied on hyping cps. Although she was ridiculed, she's popular now. I don't know why you would resist this kind of thing but you need to understand your current situation."

Four Dan actresses - a Chinese term referring to the four most bankable young actresses from Mainland China

"It's not that I resist this kind of thing. If an appropriate amount of exposure will help promote the drama, I can cooperate. But I refuse to have anything to do with Qu Wen. I like acting but it's not my only. I will work hard but it doesn't mean that I will abandon my bottomline." Su Shen looked at her seriously and then went to the bathroom to wash up.

If the other party changed to another person, she would agree to hype up a cp as long as it's not too overboard. But for Qu Wen, she definitely refused to.

After coming out of the bathroom, she saw that Liu jie seemed to have given up on her. Although her complexion was still bad, she only said to not be as willful in the future. Even if she hated it, in this industry, benefits outweigh the cons.

Despite so, Su Shen didn't think that this drama would help her in any way. An excessive consumption of herself would later result in more black history.

After going down, there was already a makeup artist waiting inside the SUV. Liu

jie sat at the front and made a phone call. The other party seemed to be a person from Qu Wen's side. After hanging up the call, she sighed.

"How was it? What did they say?" Su Shen sat at the back, slowly flipping through the magazine.

Liu jie, who was sitting at the front, pressed her temples and sighed, "What's there to say, they're definitely not very happy. Qu Wen's image has been well-maintained and has many diehard fans. Your popularity isn't as strong as his. The other side must've thought that you couldn't tell good from bad."

"But don't worry, they won't dare do anything to you. If they dare to, I will not hesitate to leak Qu Wen's private matters to the media. His side still knows which is more important." Liu jie reassured her.