CHAPTER 2: Altering the Script

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 2

Altering the Script

After a while, a group of bodyguards surrounded a man protectively and pushed their way out of the crowd of paparazzi. The reporters were quickly stopped outside.

"Try to get closer to Xie Yan, this is better publicity than you filming a few more popular dramas." Liu jie whispered in her ear, arms crossed.

Su Shen turned and looked at her, but didn't speak. The entertainment industry was always like this. Taking advantage of anything for more popularity was already the norm.

By this time, most of the film crew had already arrived. The assistant director called everyone to go burn incense on the altar. Su Shen followed them in to burn incense, but her status meant she was relegated to the corner of the third row.

After burning the incense, everybody entered the film set and changed into their costumes. But, a few of the more popular actors were stopped outside by reporters for interviews.

All the main characters had their own dressing rooms. Someone of low popularity like Su Shen had to share a dressing room with two other actresses, but she didn't really mind.

"I have to leave soon, I've already told Xiao Zhou to take your luggage over to the hotel. Study the script here properly, and learn from your seniors' performing experiences. There's a variety show filming in ten days, I'll come pick you up and take you to the rehearsal." Liu jie talked for a while, then checked the time again and patted her on the shoulder, "I'm leaving now, take care."

Su Shen waved her hand in acknowledgement, and Liu jie walked out of the dressing room, heels clicking against the floor with each step.

There was another actress in the dressing room getting her makeup done, but she was a rookie. Su Shen wondered how she got her role.

"You're Su Shen, right? I watched your drama, Half Time Half Sugar. Are you close with Luo Han? My cousin really likes him, do you have a signed photo of him?" The actress asked while still getting her makeup done.

There was still a makeup artist working on Su Shen, so she couldn't move around. She did her best to look in that actress's direction, "He's always generous to fans. If you want a signed photo, he would mail one to your cousin."

Luo Han was the male lead that acted with her in the school drama, but he was very handsome and good at acting, so his popularity rose fast. In this industry, it was always easier for male stars to gain popularity compared to their female counterparts, because the fans were mostly girls. His fame had already exceeded just the web drama circle.

"You understood him that well?" The actress raised her brows as she gossiped.

Su Shen answered rather helplessly, "We aren't that close."

Because of the original Su Shen's personality, her relationship with Luo Han was always limited to being acquaintances.

Any time women gathered together, they were prone to gossip, and since none of them were very famous they didn't have any clashes of interest. Soon, Su Shen and the actress started chatting happily.

The actress was called Tong Le and was a student at the Central Academy of Drama. Her professor had recommended her to the film crew, otherwise without some connections, she wouldn't have gotten in.

After Su Shen's makeup was done, it was Tong Le's turn. After the makeup artist was done, she couldn't resist exclaiming, "You young girls have such soft skin. Sure enough, being young is good."