CHAPTER 20: Sending Her Home

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 20:

Sending Her Home

Su Shen looked at Xie Yan, who was in the driver's seat, and dazed for a bit. The sound of the surrounding rain was too loud. She glanced at her skirt that had been splashed by the rain, couldn't care about anything else and got into the passenger seat.

Once she got in, she closed her dripping wet umbrella and placed it away while thanking the driver, "Sorry to trouble you again."

He looked over and noticed that her slender arms were daubed in rain with the color of her skirt darkened by half. Xie Yan handed her the Kleenex in the car, "It's on the way."

"Thank you." She took the Kleenex and wiped the rain from her arms.

As the car slowly drove, Su Shen wiped the rain on her body while looking at the man driving beside her, "Where's Zhao Tong?"

How could Zhao Tong be willing to let Xie Yan drive back to the hotel alone?

"He has something to do." Xie Yan's gaze slightly shifted and noticed that her skirt was a little short and could inadvertently expose her fair thighs. Taking advantage of the red light in front of him, he suddenly reached for the black jacket from the back seat and handed it to her, "It's cold in the car."

Su Shen knew that her skirt was short but didn't expect him to be that attentive. She didn't decline and took that large jacket and placed it on her legs.

The atmosphere in the car instantly became awkward. Su Shen never liked being alone with Xie Yan as it always felt awkward. She looked at the red light in front flashing and jumping to the yellow light with the windshield wiper wiping back and forth the rain.

"Are you going back tomorrow?" He suddenly sounded.

As the car started to move again, Su Shen blinked and softly said, "I'm leaving after I go back to the hotel and pick up my luggage. My apartment is here, just that it's a little far away."

Xie Yan suddenly looked over slightly and saw her impeccable side profile: "This late?"

"Fortunately, there's no traffic jams right now so it should take me around an hour and a half to get back." Su Shen looked to the side and found that he was looking at her. She then quickly turned back and lightly coughed, "I said that I will treat you to dinner every time but I never had the chance to. Are you going to take a break after this film?"

Her voice was soft and very courteous. Xie Yan slowly turned the steering wheel and occasionally looked at her from the corner of his eye, "I accepted an action oriented project and have to learn Muay Thai."

After that, he suddenly said, "I will always have the time."

The heavy rain outside was not stopping at all. The cars on the road were fewer than usual too. Su Shen didn't know how to respond to him. If she treated him to dinner at a restaurant, the other party would probably not even fancy her one meal. If she invited him to dinner at home, then that would be even more awkward. The relationship between them hadn't reached that stage for her to invite him over for dinner either.

"I also have to do martial arts training too. Let me know whenever you have time." Su Shen smiled and tilted her head slightly, "What do you like to eat?"

She owed so many favors and it really would be inexcusable for her to push it off further.

Xie Yan: "Everything's fine."

Although he said that, from what Su Shen had observed, Xie Yan's quite picky with what he ate. He also doesn't eat meat and barely ate the barbeque last time. He must be normally very disciplined then.