CHAPTER 4: Live Broadcast

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 4

Live Broadcast

"Why is it me?" The assistant's face was filled with confusion. Why did Xie Yan have to use his name to do good?

Xie Yan turned and looked straight at him for a moment, "Then what's the use of having you?"

Assistant: "..." He had no rebuttal.

Wait, that wasn't the issue. The real issue was that their da ye* who never said a word more than necessary to any actresses, would feel sorry for one?"

da ye - term of respect for older men, can also mean self-centred show-off (not used in this case)

Full of astonishment, the assistant immediately went to the props team for a large bag of ice. Then, he asked the man selling box lunches for a boiled egg and took them both to Su Shen.

The latter was still reading her script. She had not expected that he would bring her these things and was rather surprised, "I'm fine, thanks for the trouble."

"No problem, just take it. Otherwise, if your face swells up, it won't look good during filming tomorrow." The assistant shoved the things into her hand.

Su Shen didn't refuse and just smiled at him, "Thank you."

A beautiful woman smiled at him. The assistant scratched his head, a bit embarrassed. "Don't be so courteous, you can just call me Zhao Tong. I noticed that you don't have an assistant, didn't your company assign you one?"

With her debut as the female lead of a web drama and being able to enter this production as a third supporting female character, Zhao Tong wouldn't believe it if she didn't have a background.

"My assistant is still at the hotel, she should be coming soon." Su Shen explained.

Zhao Tong nodded, not really understanding. Normally, actresses had more than one assistant following them. Fan Meng had at least three. It was rare to find someone as "simple" as Su Shen.

They chatted for a bit, then Zhao Tong left because his da ye still needed him.

After he left, Su Shen sat back onto the steps. She covered the boiled egg with a cloth and started massaging her face.

Actually, she had suspected that Xie Yan was the Crown Prince, after all they looked too alike. But now she knew that they were definitely not the same person. The Crown Prince had a mole on his hand but just then, she saw that Xie Yan didn't. Also, Xie Yan was a bit taller than the Crown Prince and his voice was also different. Their personalities were even more different.

After reading the script for a while, Su Shen went back into her dressing room. She waited until night time to film another scene, then went straight back to her hotel.

The lead actors all obviously had luxury suites, but someone like her could only stay in a standard single room. Su Shen's requirements for quality of sleep were especially high, so she paid for a luxury suite herself.

Su Shen took a shower and planned on playing a couple of games before bed. Then she saw the messages Liu jie sent. The original Su Shen had acted in a TV drama that had just released its first trailer. Liu jie told her to share the official Weibo post on her account.

The original Su Shen wasn't willing to give her Weibo account to the company to take care of, otherwise this kind of thing wouldn't have to wait for her to personally post. Su Shen thought it would be better for the company to take care of this account in the future.