4.3

HOUR SIX

Walkers. They were everywhere. And they just wouldn't stop coming. Alexandria was nearly surrounded.

"They keep coming from the direction of the border. Just a constant wave after wave." Aaron explained to us all. 

"This is her." Carol stated.

"The herd." I added.

"You know your training. Lock it down." Michonne ordered with a nod to us all.

HOUR FOURTEEN

The walkers growled in the distance, limping over to us in a bigger group than before. They were coming non-stop, a bigger wave each hour. There was no stopping them other than all us Alexandrians having to take care of them.

But when was enough, enough?

HOUR NINETEEN

HOUR TWENTY TWO

HOUR TWENTY FOUR

HOUR THIRTY ONE

HOUR THIRTY SEVEN

HOUR FORTY FOUR

Wave after wave and herd after herd. The more we killed, the more than just came back. None of us has had any proper sleep for almost two days.

Has Alpha not had enough?

HOUR FORTY NINE

An even bigger herd came through the trees, from all sides this time. We were slowly being surrounded without realising it, we needed to act now before it was too late.

"How long until the next wave hits?" Michonne asked, as we were all dragging dead walker bodies and piling them up so they were ready to be burnt.

"One hour from the North, two from the South." Eugene looked from his binoculars. "Northern wave's thicker than fleas on a farm dog, but Southern's more dispersed. By my estimation we'll be fighting into the night again."

"We can't handle that long again, surely." I huff, wiping sweat from my forehead and panting.

"Yeah, can't push 'em too much further." Dad agreed.

"I have eyes." Michonne snapped, taking my dad and I off guard a bit. She sighed and looked down in guilt. "Sorry. I'm just tired."

"We all are." He replied, I placed my hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "Hey heads up." My dad called out, pointing to the road.

A skin person walked up to us, meeting us at the defences. She looked sternly at us. "North border. Now." She ordered.

"Call off your walkers." Michonne argued.

"Not us." She fired back.

"Sure it isn't sweetheart." I glared at her, she shot her head at me.

"Not. Us." She stared and looked at Michonne again. "Go to the border, lay down your weapons, and wait."

"Wait for what?" Dad asked as she started to go back.