3.20

CJ was sat on Alden's shoulders by the time I found him. I went up to them, Enid and Luke were also there. He was holding a toffee apple in his hands, whilst trying not to drop it on the floor or in Alden's hair, he had a face of concentration.

"Hey kiddo." I greeted to CJ. "Sup guys."

"Hi mommy!" CJ grinned, showing me his toffee apple. "Look what at what I have."

"Wow, where did that come from?" I asked.

"Alden got it me!" CJ replied. "It's tasty."

"They most certainly are." Alden perked up, as Enid handed me one.

"Why thank you." I said and bit into it. "Oh my god these really are good. This is my first time eating one."

"You've never had one growing up or anything?" Alden asked.

"Nah, didn't have a lot growing up really." I said and bit into it again. "Dude, where do you get these from?"

"There's a stall over there. Full of them." Enid chucked. "Although, all Alden has been doing is stealing CJ and feeding him them all."

"Guilty as charged." Alden chuckled with a raise of his hand.

"Can't wait for you to be mad crazy later then huh kiddo?" I asked and poke CJ's leg that were dangling from Alden's shoulders.

"Are you going out mommy?" CJ asked. "You and grandpa have got your bow."

"Yeah, but I'll be back soon." I sighed.

"Can I stay with Enid and Alden?" CJ asked.

"Hmm, I don't know. You'll have to ask them that." I replied sarcastically with a sly grin.

"Well, I'm happy to look after the guy. And save him from more apples." Enid chuckled.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. "C'mere C." I took CJ from Alden's shoulders. "Be good for them, always stick with Enid yeah?"

CJ nodded. "I love you mommy."

"Love you too." I said, brushing CJ's hair out of his similar blue eyes. "You're one of the best things that has ever happened, you know that?"

CJ smiled and nodded. "And daddy?"

I smiled, hiding the sadness of leaving again. "Yeah, and I'm sure daddy is very jealous right now about how many of these you're eating." I pointed to his toffee apple.

"I like them! I'll see you soon mommy." CJ said.

"Of course." I nodded. "See you later." I kissed the top of his forehead. "Go say bye to gramps."

I stood up and went over to hug Enid. "Thank you for this E, I owe you."

"No problem Lia." Enid said. "I'm happy to look after him, he looks so much like Carl."

"Don't I know it." I sighed. "He's growing up so fast, I feel like I'm missing everything."

"You're not." Enid put her hand on my arm. "He's got so many years ahead of him that you're gonna see."