3.13

We all rode back to Hilltop in complete silence. It was hard to think about what we were gonna tell everyone. I wouldn't even know how to come across it, what exactly would we say? Jesus is dead, some walkers aren't really walkers anymore, we've taken a random girl?

While heading through the gate, the sight alone meant that we didn't have to explain anything. As soon as people say Jesus's body, others immediately mourned for him. Tara watched over him with hidden tears, Enid ran over to me and we instantly went into each others embraces, slightly hearing her sob and I couldn't help but do the same.

"It's okay..." I whispered, trying to hold back my choked sobs. "He said...it'll be o-okay." I repeated with my arms around her.

I watched as my dad and Yumiko carefully carried Jesus's body away, allowing all the attention to appear on the blindfolded girl tied up on my horse. Michonne grabbed her by the arm, soon being joined by my dad and I while taking her towards the storm cellar.

We got stopped by Tammy Rose demanding answers but it didn't last long as we then headed down the cellar with the previous blindfolded girl.

"Get inside." Dad ordered to the girl, nudging her in the cellar. Another younger voice spoke up and asked, "Daryl?"

"Henry?" I asked, looking through the bars to see Carol and Ezekiel's son, whom I haven't seen in ages.

"Lilia!" He noticed. "What's going on?"

I couldn't explain just yet, we don't even know what's going on either at this point in time. "You just...stay quiet, yeah?"

I walked towards the other cell and the girl was sat on the chair in front of Michonne and Tara. I stood next to my dad while the two leaders bombarded her with questions.

"I told you-" the girl started weakly. She looked as if she hasn't showered in years, at first I could see a helpless girl but you can't judge too quickly in a world like this. At this point in time she's dangerous.

"How many more of you are there?" Michonne repeated but all the girl could do was cry out, "They're all dead. My family's dead, please just stop."

"Not until you answer out questions." Michonne said.

"Your name." Tara demanded. "Start with your name."

"I told you, I don't have one." The girl continued to cry. "None of us do. None of us did. That's not how it worked."

"How did it work?" Michonne pressed.

"Why do you wear their skins?" Dad asked and the girl stopped replying. "Answer!"

She had tears running down her cheeks. "They were...They were good people." The girl cried. "We were good. It's what we did to live. That's...that's what we all wanted to do. Live."

"Oh you're saying you had to do this?" Tara asked.

I instantly scoffed. "You just kill people for a living? Is that how you live? 'Cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like it to me." I guessed and the girl looks at me and replied, "You wouldn't understand."

"Then make us understand." Michonne said. "What the hell were you doing?"

"We...we were just trying to see if they were good people too." The girl answered. "But then you attacked us, and now they're dead. They're all dead. And I don't have anything."