4.16

My dad and I woke up early to head out to look for others, mostly Lydia as he was still worried sick about her. He took his crossbow and I took my sword again. I would've said goodbye to CJ but he was still fast asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake him up from the long day we all had yesterday. We all stayed in the rendezvous house we checked yesterday as it was safer. It was a tight squeeze but made it work like we usually do. I got my things together and we were off quickly, covering more ground so we could hopefully find Lydia.

I didn't see her whilst fighting or when we got split up with everyone but hopefully she was okay. I prayed that she didn't fall into the wrong hands like Alpha of all people. God I hope we bump into her so I can put her head on a spike quicker than she can shush me with her weird Whisperer salute. In the distance in front of the lining of more trees was a small shack which looked run down, hopefully somebody we one was in there.

"Dad, look." I whistled at him, nodding over to the shack. "Do you think Lydia might be there?"

He stared at it for a bit until walking over, "C'mon, take a look." He held up his crossbow defensively as we made our way over to it. I had my sword slightly raised just incase.

My dad checked our surroundings first before opening the door slowly and then slamming it open with his crossbow raised. I lowered my sword as there was no one there apart from a wooden chain with straps on it.

"What the hell..." I muttered to myself, kicking the bottom of the chair. "Someone was here, definitely."

"Was."

"Maybe we can find tracks-" I began but stopped myself as I looked through the small window. "Of course."

"What?" Dad asked before looking outside, then he quickly shut the door and pushed me on one side and himself on the other. A person was walking over to the shack, but not just anyone. Sadly, not Alpha so we couldn't kill her. But it was Negan.

He opened the door and stopped for a second as he noticed the empty chair, suddenly my dad rushed towards him and punched him in the face. "God!" Negan groaned and looked up, seeing my dad. He was pushed against the wall and my dad held up his crossbow and I shot up my sword.

"Where's Alpha?" Dad asked firmly.

"Look, whatever Lydia told you..." He breathed out but my dad demanded answers. "She is dead. She is dead. I killed her."

"Nah we want the truth asshole." I hissed and pointed my sword under his chin.

"I am not lying. I have something in my pocket. It's not a weapon. I am slowly gonna reach for it." He reached into his pocket to pull out something. My dad nodded at me to take it and I did, grabbing it out of his hand to reveal Alpha's mask.

"Holy shit-" I gasped as it shook it my hand.

"Her mask ain't her head." Dad grunted.

"I know I'm getting to that."

"Well, then, get to it." Dad glared at him showing his crossbow in his face.

"The whole reason I threw in with them, was so I could get close enough to Alpha and slit her throat." Negan rambled out. "Now, you talk about 'silencing the Whisperers.' I silenced the Alpha. Why the hell else would you think that your girlfriend let me outta that cell?"