4.13

A large bang was heard from the direction of where Carol and my dad was, causing everything to then rumble around us. One of the planks fell from the ceiling which blocked our way out. Jerry quickly attempted to lift it up with Aaron's help, placing it on their shoulders so it made a small gap for us to pass through if we wanted to get to the top.

"Come on!" Aaron yelled at us. Kelly and I didn't waste any time.

"Wait- Dad! Carol!" I held myself back and moved away from the entrance.

"There's no time! Get outta here!" Aaron yelled back as he started to struggle.

"Lilia!" Kelly called after me, offering her hand for me to take. I mentally groan as I made the decision to take her hand and lift myself out of the hole out into the open whilst praying that my dad and Carol would come out safe.

But once I got out I expected at least Magna or Connie to come out since they were behind us, "Wait. Magna? Connie?" I yelled down but they didn't respond, the sound of the rocks crumbling and Jerry straining was all I could hear from below.

"Look out!" Kelly shouted and knocked me aside. I looked up to see Kelly stabbing a Whisperer with her weapon. "We got freaks!"

She helped me up before we both realised more were coming up the hill and through the thick grass. I took my sword out again and held it in front, just waiting for the Whisperers. I was too distracted to notice Aaron was there with us as well, he punched one in the face with his metal hand. I sliced one of their leg's and Kelly finished them off by slicing their stomach open.

Another tried to creep up behind me but I swung my sword around and immediately sliced part of their head, killing them instantly. I then used the tip of my sword to stab them in the head for good measure. My dad finally climbed out of the hole, spluttering out dirt and dust before Carol was dragged out. We were all covered in grime and dirt but continued to fight off the Whisperers as dad checked on Carol.

After Kelly and I killed another Whisperer I turned around and noticed Jerry being pulled out by Aaron, but no Connie or Magna. "Where's Connie? Magna-" I yelled but suddenly a loud explosion was heard from the hole. "Get down!" Kelly and I moved out of the way, running to the grass for cover.

A large cloud of dust escaped from the hole as it collapsed in on itself, rocks breaking up into pieces and covering the hole. The loud rumble got louder and went in for a while until it finally stopped. I coughed up some dust I had inhaled, brushing the hair out of my face and putting my sword away. Kelly looked up at the blast and screamed, realising her sister and Magna were still down there, "No! No!"

She ran over to the rocks that had piled up before breaking down, her knees landing on the floor below her.

My eyes watered again as the realization of Connie and Magna hit me. My dad was yelling at Aaron to help him move rocks but there was no use in trying. The large pile of rubble was simply too big to move, and probably too heavy to survive under...

"No!" Kelly shouted as I helped her stand up "This blast is gonna call walkers and Whisperers from a hundred miles from here. We don't want our backs pressed against this mountain when they come. We can't save them if we're dead!"

My dad stayed at the top of the rocks, his eyes and face wet with tears too. I limped over to him and over a few rocks, holding out my hand. "Dad...come on." He clearly had a soft spot for Connie but now all of that has gone.