3.8

"You'll be safe here. I promise." Judith stood before Magna.

Luke looked at me. "Is she telling the truth?"

"You gonna believe my answer?" I asked.

"Probably not." Magna scoffed.

"Exactly." I shrugged with a smug smile. "But I swear on my boyfriend's grave that we don't eat people."

"I'm sorry about your boyfriend." Kelly said from the side of Magna, her eyes soft.

"No worried." I brushed it off.

"We promise you'll be safe here." Judith offered Magna her hand.

Magna hesitantly took the ten year old's hand and was lead through the gates, I made sure to be in front of them though, my hand over my knife. I wanted to trust these people for Judith, but if anything bad was going to happen I wouldn't hesitate to put a stop to it immediately. Despite all my trust I put in Judith, I wouldn't let my guard down over a ten year old.

"Holy shit." Luke gasped, as everyone walked through the gates of Alexandria, and admired the scenery.

"Welcome...to Alexandria." I greeted then and faced them.

"This is home." Judith gleemed.

"And it can be yours too." I said. "If you don't do anything stupid."

"Mommy!" shrieked a happy voice, I whipped my head around to see CJ's little legs running towards me

He was nearly seven years old, and had shot up like a flower in the last few months. His hair was kept short but it flicked up in curls at the end, its colour was a mix of my light brown hair but he had Carl's blue eyes. As he ran towards me with his smile, it wasn't hard to miss he also had Carl's smile too.

I caught him in my arms as he skipped over to me, spinning him around before placing him on the ground. "Hey, C."

"Hi CJ!" Judith waved with a smile.

He skipped over to her with the same smile and replied, "Hi Jude!" and gave her a hug.

Gracie shouted, "Hi daddy!" and started to run towards Aaron but his face changed.

"Gracie, stay where you are okay?" He called over in concern.

I cringed internally as CJ was still standing next to me and Judith. "Dude, you make me feel like a bad parent for not telling him to stay away."

A group of Alexandrians approached and Rosita's eyes caught Siddiq's. "There's another one in the wagon. Female with head trauma. She's conscious."

"Alright," Siddiq said, looking into the back of the wagon. "Alex and the other nurses are on standby. I'll take her to the infirmary right now."

"I'm coming with her." Magna stated.

"I'm afraid not." I said and stood in the way. "Not until we know you're allowed to stay and whether we can trust you."

"And when will that be?" She huffed.

A horse whinnied in the background, behind the gates. "Maybe five, six seconds from now?"