3.21

It got dark pretty quick, too quickly for our liking. I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I couldn't quite place it.

"I don't know if this has a happy ending here." Carol said.

"The trail." Dad said. "Goes off in three different ways. Don't make sense."

A twig suddenly snapped, I instantly turned around holding up my knife. "I don't like this one bit."

"Whoa." Yumiko pointed at the walkers that appeared out of the trees. "They're from Hilltop."

"Now they're dead." I muttered and replaced my knife with my bow. "Watch their hands. Skins."

I fired my arrow into a nearby walker's head. "To the road!"

More walkers started to block our paths, Michonne shouted, "This way!"

Everywhere we turned there were walking, our paths were blocked. "Fucking undead bitches."

We all went to work as a group, killing each walker that tried to block our path. I used as many arrows as I had to try to kill them all. As soon as the last one dropped, whispers could be heard from the trees.

"Circle up...watch each others backs." I said, everyone moved closer to each other.

We were surrounded by whisperers, then a deep voice that was too familiar said, "Drop them."

"No...that isn't possible.." I gasped

"I won't ask again." Beta emerged from the trees.

Everyone threw their weapons to the ground, I threw my bow off my back with my knives too.

Our hands were tied, pushed into motion by other whisperers. I stayed close to everyone, following the skins through the trees until we got forced to stop. We stood in a circle again, just the five of us facing the army of skins.

Through the trees, Alpha came into view, holding a bloody sword in her hands. Dad spoke up, "You ain't gettin' her back."

"You think this is about my daughter?" Alpha asked and looked down at her sword as if she was admiring it. "I ran into some trouble on the road. It was unavoidable. Do you like my new camp? My people like to keep moving, keep roaming."

"We've granted Lydia asylum." Michonne said. "Any attempt to take her by forge will result in retaliation."

"What's your name?" Alpha asked.

"Michonne."

Alpha nodded. "My daughter isn't a concern anymore. She was weak. She never lived up to expectations."

"Was?" Dad asked. "The hell is that supposed to mean?"

"To be clear." Alpha drew her shotgun and I almost flinched. "Your group is in no position to threaten me. This is a habit that needs to be broken." she looked at my dad. "Come with me, just you."

"N-No!" I yelled shakily, trying to step forward but Michonne's hand gripped mine.

"Move, or I won't hesitate to shoot your friend, again." Alpha ordered.